Campaign to Create "Caylee's Law" Goes Viral

We may not have been the jury but this speaks volumes

Please sign petition
http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

http://news.change.org/stories/campa...law-goes-viral
With no evidence directly pointing at the mom, which rights are you suggesting we trample for this law?
If anything should be done, the judge should make it that she's not allowed to profit from this horrible crime, trial and her family.
Unhappy with that whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing, are we?
If you actually read the link provided, if your child goes missing and you do not report it, it simply is a petition to make not reporting your child missing in a reasonable time frame a federal offense.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. It mentions nothing about the guilt or innocence of Casey Anthony.
Another STUPID attempt by idle-minded wanna be do-gooders to add another USELESS law on the books. The government is not a fucking NANNY. We don't need laws that govern fucking common sense. What's next? A law requiring parenting classes before anyone fucks because we know fucking can lead to one becoming a parent? Enough already.
Every year I have to get a license for my dog. WHY don't idiots have to get a license to procreate and raise another ward of the state?
If anything should be done, the judge should make it that she's not allowed to profit from this horrible crime, trial and her family. Originally Posted by MsElena

ditto!
They should have charged her with child neglect, knowing there was no physical evidence of murder. They passed on a plea bargain. As disgusting as it is, it is our judicial system. Unfortunately, I think she will make out like a bandit with book deals and Movies.
It's not our place to sit here and judge here-only God has that power-we can think all we want to-but we do not know what happened-she has to pay for it eventually
It's not our place to sit here and judge here-only God has that power-we can think all we want to-but we do not know what happened-she has to pay for it eventually Originally Posted by **Karla**
I said the same thing after the OJ trial......
  • Old-T
  • 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Sady defense lawyers are usually paid much more than the gov't lawyers, and thus there is often a serious inequality in skills.

I won't judge one way or the other about guilt on a murder charge, but child endangerment should have been a slam dunk additional charge at a minimum, and even a 1st yr law student should have been able to make that one stick.

I do think it is very dangerous to advocate a society where we assume God will be the only judge--it means some folks who do not believe in any deity would have no reason not to do whatever they though they were strong enough to do. The legal system has some serious warts, but anarchy is not a better option.
I completely agree with these posts, and by the way who's business is it anyway besides the family and the people in the court room???
I do think it is very dangerous to advocate a society where we assume God will be the only judge--it means some folks who do not believe in any deity would have no reason not to do whatever they though they were strong enough to do. The legal system has some serious warts, but anarchy is not a better option. Originally Posted by Old-T
Its not they we assume God will be the only judge. It might be karma ..... But we can hope the falsely innocent find some punishment.
Sady defense lawyers are usually paid much more than the gov't lawyers, and thus there is often a serious inequality in skills. Originally Posted by Old-T
Old-T, You got it bassackward. Few criminal defendants can afford top notch private defense counsel so most are represented by public defenders or assigned counsel. The DA's who try homicides tend to be highly experienced lawyers who get special training in trying capital cases. While many public defenders are highly skilled, the same may not be true for assigned counsel who often take cases to get experience. They are often over matched and the results are predictable.

Awl4knot