Showcase Photographers and those that aspire to be

Do you guys know where I can post pictures and get constructive criticism on them? The few ladies I've done photo's for, say they love the pictures but I want to make sure they not blowing smoke up my ass! Plus I know I could use the pointers! Originally Posted by BDS
personally, i'd like to see a photo critique thread on eccie, but most people can't take the butthurt of having someone tell them straight up that their work sucks. Originally Posted by john_deere
I could be a test dummy on that critique thread idea...ijs! It's been a while since I've been butthurt over something! I KNOW I NEED HELP, just don't know how much! The photography classes I'm taking have made such an improvement on my photo's that I kinda thought that a good honest critique would also add to helping me improve my skills! Originally Posted by BDS
I agree that for those seriously interested in learning we should do a critique thread. As long as the thread stays on topic I don't think it would be problematic. Originally Posted by DDBD Photography
I like the idea of colleagues/competitors doing a critique thread about each others work.

Why don't all of you exchange some PMs to set up some guidelines that would be fair to everybody and one of you get back with me on what you have come up with.

Will be more than happy to set up a sticky thread for the subject with the guidelines for it stated up front.
When I come to TX. Can I have you take pics of me please?
Can I see more of your work babe?
Fredmiranda is a good place for critique. There is also photocamel, pixtus (formerly texasphotoforum), and there is one for canon but I am not on my main pc and can't remember the name.

I agree that for those seriously interested in learning we should do a critique thread. As long as the thread stays on topic I don't think it would be problematic. Originally Posted by DDBD Photography
Can I see more of your work babe? Originally Posted by SexyKaylen
Please take a few minutes to contact the OP rather than hijack this thread with your request.

The Colonel
I like the idea of colleagues/competitors doing a critique thread about each others work.

Why don't all of you exchange some PMs to set up some guidelines that would be fair to everybody and one of you get back with me on what you have come up with.

Will be more than happy to set up a sticky thread for the subject with the guidelines for it stated up front. Originally Posted by Col. Zodiak
Thanks Col. I'll draft some guidelines and send around soon.
Can I see more of your work babe? Originally Posted by SexyKaylen
Pm sent
i think if we're going to attempt the critique thing one rule needs to be out front from the beginning: direct commentary on a model's physique is not acceptable, and the colonel will have to decide how that's enforced.

the distinction has to be made between her form and her pose.

"the pose is unflattering. she should be stretched out more." is fine.

"that chick is fat. she needs to hide that gut." is not.
i think if we're going to attempt the critique thing one rule needs to be out front from the beginning: direct commentary on a model's physique is not acceptable, and the colonel will have to decide how that's enforced.

"that chick is fat. she needs to hide that gut." is not. Originally Posted by john_deere
Yeppers, I will agree 100% with that statement. The object will be to talk about the various techniques used, the model is immaterial to the subject.

As soon as you guys come up with what the basic outline will be, I will be more that happy to get the ball rolling on this.
I've been tied up with work but will work on guidelines Monday.

"that chick is fat. she needs to hide that gut." is not. Originally Posted by john_deere
I totally agree
Thank you so much, I tried registering at Imagegrainer and they still haven't sent the email verification, after hitting the resend button 4 times in almost 24hrs, I gave up and registered at postimage.org!

Do you guys know where I can post pictures and get constructive criticism on them? The few ladies I've done photo's for, say they love the pictures but I want to make sure they not blowing smoke up my ass! Plus I know I could use the pointers! Originally Posted by BDS

D2 IMAGES:

I promise Babe!! You Are The Best!!

Sexy Photographer:
http://www.eccie.net/member.php?u=4707

Look at a pic she took last night.

Just want to let everyone know!!

+ She's a Hot Provider!!!

+ She will help by asking u questions. That Benefit you to your personalized shoot!!

+ She will help you even if this is your First Time!!!

+ She is Mobile, & will come to you with her equipment.

+ Very Outgoing, Good Listener, Very Caring Lady; She wants your shoot to be all about you!!!

With all my Love & Respect,

Charli Rose

SHE HAS NO IDEA, I'M WRITING THIS!!

Check her out!!!
#1 Best Photographer- http://www.eccie.net/member.php?u=4707

Awww thank you soooo much CharliRose!
That was sooo sweet of you to do! I truly enjoyed the shoot and I hope we get another so I can do better! I def have room to improve...but for an amateur I think I'm doing alright tooo! You were the perfect model that took direction and even through your own twist in the mix...which is awesome!

Next time I get a real nice hotel...your coming over for free to shoot! Your a wonderful person that deserves everything good coming your way!

Aspiring Photographer building her portfolio...Not everyone will like my work, but as long as my girls are happy...then D2 Images is happy! So if you would like a new showcase...I'm here for you! Just pm me and we can go from there! I am NOT a pro...yet!

[CENTER]
Aspiring Photographer building her portfolio...Not everyone will like my work, but as long as my girls are happy...then D2 Images is happy! So if you would like a new showcase...I'm here for you! Just pm me and we can go from there! I am NOT a pro...yet!

Originally Posted by BDS
you may not be a pro yet, but your skills are coming along very quickly!! your work is already at least as good as some of the shooters in the advertising thread.

but, there's always work to do…

on this image, i don't feel it does justice to the lovely figure that's really there. a wider frame that allows the viewer to see the curve of her hips makes it much more feminine and brings the sexxii. i think if she tweaks the pose a little by popping dat booty a bit, it will also help. in fact, i think you shot one similar to this in charlirose's showcase that really works well.

from a processing standpoint, i think lightening the skin tones will make the image less flat.
Thank you but this is not the critique thread...

I like that image just the way it is!
Thank you but this is not the critique thread...

I like that image just the way it is! Originally Posted by BDS
OH SHIT.....

i totally fucked that up. i wasn't paying attention when i read the post, and i apologize.

i had thread dyslexia and thought i was in the other one...i'd just delete or edit my post if i could.

my bad.