Trump Card

The new "Trump Card". Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Speaking of Trump, what does the group think of his prospects for Prez in 2012?

IMO, the really funny part would be listening to the Lefties whine about his "lack of experience".

IMO, the really funny part would be listening to the Lefties whine about his "lack of experience". Originally Posted by pjorourke
I'd totally vote for him. I love Mr. Trump!
The Ross Perot of 2012
Leftie here: Trump has executive experience. Different kind than political but it counts for a lot.

Doesn't mean I would vote for him.

Few business types have been successful at getting elected. Corzine, the current FL governor, probably a few others but mostly they lose. Presidential level it will be even tougher to pull off.
Does anyone take him seriously?

The man is a publicity whore that is smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity to build his personal "brand" but he isn't seriously running.
I'd vote for him in a heartbeat . . . in the Republican primary that is . . . which us independents are allowed to do in the great state of Wisconsin.

As stated above, he's not running and neither is Palin or Huckabee. The book and reality show business is just too lucrative.

Of course maybe he wouldn't be so bad as boss. The first thing he'd is declare bankruptcy and restructure by selling the underperforming southern states to the Chinese.

Maybe that's not such a bad result after all. Get rid of West Virginia, Mississippi and Alabama? I could live with it.
trump liquidating and placing his assets in a blind trust? come on
Speaking of Trump, what does the group think of his prospects for Prez in 2012? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Much like Perot...I think he will appeal to a large base of this country. However, Perot had very little charisma...so sustaining himself through the long term was not possible. Like Trump or not...he does have charisma.

I also think Trump can, and will, do what most of the other politicians do...i.e. blame someone else for all the ills of the world. The main difference though will be that he will blame someone outside of this country...China...Iran...Arabs ...whomever. The message will be..."We are the world's place to market their goods...they can't exist without access to our markets. Let's use that to make the US the strongest economy again." In other words..."We are Top Dog!! It's time the rest of you in the world recognized that!!" I think that will resonate across many ideologies.
I like him.
Originally Posted by pjorourke
0%, but I'm hopeful.......

I'd vote for him just to see more of the first lady (boing!).......
I wouldnt vote for him, Maybe I have just seen him to much on tv and its hard to take him serious or maybe its his "Im better than everyone else" Attitude.
  • WTF
  • 04-01-2011, 08:17 AM

IMO, the really funny part would be listening to the Lefties whine about his "lack of experience". Originally Posted by pjorourke
Possible could get elected but it would be interesting to see him go from election mode to governance. It possible could be worse than both Bush II and Obama.

I really do not think he has a Chinamans chance in Hell.

I also think Trump can, and will, do what most of the other politicians do...i.e. blame someone else for all the ills of the world. The main difference though will be that he will blame someone outside of this country...China...Iran...Arabs ...whomever. The message will be..."We are the world's place to market their goods...they can't exist without access to our markets. Let's use that to make the US the strongest economy again." In other words..."We are Top Dog!! It's time the rest of you in the world recognized that!!" I think that will resonate across many ideologies. Originally Posted by Rudyard K

There seems to be a point of view for some (and I would generally call that the liberal view)...

....Consequence for your own actions is a hell of a teacher. And if you don't learn it?...then fate will probably weed you out from the gene pool.

. Originally Posted by Rudyard K

He already sounds like a liberal.

We as a nation are a bunch of whiney ass liberals, that includes most conseratives and the Tea Baggers. Just try and cut any of their pet projects and see wtf I mean!
I still think there is 0% chance of a serious campaign...that said...

I don't have #'s but I wonder where he polls on things like "trust" or "servant leadership" or "empathy"

I'm sure he polls real high on "admire his success" or "I aspire to his lifestyle" or "intelligent" or "entertaining" or even "visionary"

Even if it is just a Mirage, I think the trust, empathy, servant leader attributes are critical to electability.

I don't think we can get much worse on foreign affairs/military preparedness...but there clearly isn't the background there.
It's impossible for anyone to know or speculate about what he would do as president.......it would be naive to assume that the image he puts forth is accurate.....I don't even know if he's a good business man....I wouldn't confuse access to capital with business smarts......
If you're looking for a person who is a businessperson and a public figure whose name is well known, I nominate Oprah. Thinks quickly on her feet, good at business, empathetic, and has good common sense. Might even be formidable. Plus it would break the political gender barrier.

IDT she would ever consider it.