Stimulus checks

Will Americans receiving $1,200 stimulus checks even make a dent in the economic downward spiral that's happening?

Or do we think this is just a stunt to keep the public calm?

I'm pretty sure most people will appreciate anything at this time but I just really don't feel that that's going to help businesses stay afloat
Will Americans receiving $1,200 stimulus checks even make a dent in the economic downward spiral that's happening?

I'm pretty sure most people will appreciate anything at this time but I just really don't feel that that's going to help businesses stay afloat Originally Posted by Sienna91

Democrats stopped it today last I heard.
Democrats stopped it today last I heard. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Don’t make rash, uneducated comments until you get the facts in their entirety.

We all know you Trump sheep don’t even bother to do any kind of fact checking or research on the details of this aid package. and WHY the bill fell flat on its face.

And I’m not going to educate you...go bloody well find out for yourself.
Just don’t rely on the ranting and raving by Moscow Mitch.
He’s an even bigger LIAR than Trump.
Just trying to have a civil discussion here
  • oeb11
  • 03-23-2020, 03:08 PM
To avoid trolls - use the ignore button on your user control panel.

I'm pretty sure most people will appreciate anything at this time but I just really don't feel that that's going to help businesses stay afloat Originally Posted by Sienna91
The checks will help, but not a complete solution. That's why there are business considerations in it too to the tune of as much or more money than the individual checks.

The goal being stop the pain at both ends of the spectrum.

It probably won't help keep many businesses afloat. It's more of a way for Trump to buy votes that he thinks will help get him reelected in November.
It probably won't help keep many businesses afloat. It's more of a way for Trump to buy votes that he thinks will help get him reelected in November. Originally Posted by Lapdog
What's most hysterical about that specific statement beyond it just being partisan tripe is that the individual stimulus checks is the biggest area of bi-partisan agreement in the whole thing. Where the Dems do differ on them is that they don't think they are big enough.
No, what's so hysterical is that you are actually ignorant enough to defend such an obviously transparent Trump agenda. Carry on, Einstein.
No, what's so hysterical is that you are actually ignorant enough to defend such an obviously transparent Trump agenda. Carry on, Einstein. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Aww, you seem bitter that Trump might get credit for what is a bi-partisan effort to provide relief.

Must suck to be in constant TDS.

Hell, Bernie and others are calling for up to $2K and automatic refresh of it every quarter or more. That's not Trump agenda, that discussion of relief to the people who need it via bipartisan negotiations in Congress.

And you are just petty and bitching about it.
Bernie and others? What others? Republicans putting their own spin on it so it won't seem like what it actually is...a ploy to buy votes and get this sonofabitch reelected.
It probably won't help keep many businesses afloat. It's more of a way for Trump to buy votes that he thinks will help get him reelected in November. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Trump doesn't need to buy votes, he will easily win re-election in November. I believe his administration handling this situation is a level above what we saw with Katrina, and even 9-11. But none of that is why he is going to get 4 more years...

The Democrats have spent too much time slinging mud and playing politics, without developing candidates to challenge Trump. Hillary lost the last election just as much as Trump won it. At this point Biden looks less electable than she was.
Pelosi is a fucking bitch, fuck her and her tacking on riders to the stimulus package.
Hope the ugly ass bitch dies of corona.
Bernie and others? What others? Republicans putting their own spin on it so it won't seem like what it actually is...a ploy to buy votes and get this sonofabitch reelected. Originally Posted by Lapdog
God, you really don't pay attention do you.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...an/2883778001/

Baldwin is among at least 18 Democrats backing a plan that would send much larger payments — checks of up to $4,500 this year — to individual Americans. The first payment, of $2,000, would go out this month. Additional payments of $1,500 and $1,000 would go out in subsequent quarters of the year, if certain “triggers” are met, such as an increase in unemployment.
So yes support for much bigger individual payments.

And then Pelosi's plan today. Gawd that's even bigger payments to individuals and payoffs of any number of other things.

You want a stunt and spin on things, look at her plan today.
It will be such a pleasure watching Trump board Marine One for the last time on January 20, 2021, whisking him away to who gives a fuck where, with his stumpy little Corgi tail tucked firmly between his pudgie ass cheeks.