Error: You have used up your failed login quota.

Started getting the "Error: You have used up your failed login quota" when attempting to login in on either laptop or phone despite having zero prior failed login attempts. Interestingly, if I browse to either search or view profile and login via alternate login screen, it works everytime irregardless of locked account timer. What am I doing wrong here?
This problem does not persist. Although, wondering if anyone experienced similar issue or knows why it was happening?

Thank you.
Through much research, trial and error, I seem to have learned that this is a problem (as of now) only related to logins while in the San Antonio or Houston forums, or any of their sub-forums. I was able to successfully log in from the ECCIE main page, and also from the Dallas and Austin forums' main page. It is still not working in San Antonio or Houston. I can view those forums after logging in from a different page.
  • Mokoa
  • 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Bookmark the main page. Use that bookmark to login. Then go where you need to go. Always log out when you are done. This should help you work around your issue.
Bookmark the main page. Use that bookmark to login. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Make darn sure no one else uses your computer or will ever have a chance to see your bookmarks. I just type it in each time while in incognito mode. Not much hassle typing in 11 letters and two dots.
Bookmark the main page. Use that bookmark to login. Then go where you need to go. Always log out when you are done. This should help you work around your issue. Originally Posted by Mokoa
I login from www.eccie.net and clear history and cookies after exit. It happened again tonight a few times before I could login?

Thanks for help.
That's weird. No one else is getting that error?
I am on the laptop, phone works fine.
Going to try logging in from a different page see if that helps tonight
Had the problem but can now get on, must have been a hacker
Started a thread in Houston, same issue, intermittent but repetitive: http://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=10...post1059163955

Bookmaking, clearing history and cache, logging out properly instead of just x-ing, main page or other, various browsers, nothing seems to sustainably work. I keep having to find new paths to enter ECCIE.
Yeah. I am having the same issue. I keep getting that I have used up my login quota. I had to log in via the mobile site.
You have several choices from a security standpoint.

If your hardware may be shared with another person (or two!) you should always log out from sites you don't want others to see, and clear your browsing history, too. Your user name and password will not be saved.

If you share your hardware, try to keep your main account there password coded and set up another account on your hardware for "guests." Theoretically, your main hardware account will not be accessible to others using your hardware.

Assuming you are the only user, you could use a security log-in (always) for your hardware and you could let the browser software maintain user names and passwords. That way you may log off a site and then not worry about clearing history or losing user names and passwords.

However, I strongly suggest you use at least two two hardware units -- one for personal and family and business, and another for hobby only. Yes, an expense, but avoids multiple user issues on a single hardware.

All that said,

Best of luck maintaining security and access!

= = = = =

Goes without saying that you (WE!) should have multiple email accounts in order to maintain separation from personal and hobby!!!

But, there! I said it!

Since I have recently encountered people (both hobbyists and providers)_ who use a common email account for everything!!!
I'm having the same issues with logging in, but I'm not sure it's because of hackers. I suppose it's possible, but it seems like there might be a problem with the website.

After numerous problems today, I tried the "forgot password" option (even though I didn't forget it) and was able to login on the mobile site. Still couldn't login on the full site, but was able to switch to the full site after logging in on the mobile site. Have no idea why that would work, but it did.

Changed my password and logged out. Got same error with the full site, but again I was able to login using the mobile site.

Waited well over 15 minutes (as it said I should after multiple failed login attempts) and still got the error message about too many failed attempts. I know I'm using the right password (in part because it works with the mobile site). Very strange.

It's not a security issue on my end, and it doesn't seem like a hacker attempt. I think ECCIE must be having some technical issues. Hope they can get this fixed soon.
@Smile I think you are right, it isn't a hacker. If hacker, the locked timer wouldn't let you in through alternate login window. Unless of course the locked timer doesn't function as expected (actually lock for 15 minutes).

I noticed a year ago eccie started spawning more chrome sessions/windows. When clicking on a link or profile, eccie opens link in new window. So after browsing for 20 - 30 minutes, there are 5 - 6 open windows or sessions on my desktop. I do X those closed versus logging out correctly.
I'm having the same exact issues. Followed Mokoa's advice about clearing the history and cookies on my apple devices. Worked ok for the day then the problem returned the next day. I did notice I am able to get thru using the data on my phone and not the wifi from the modem. Not sure if this is any help.