WTF construction

• WTF
  • 10-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Is it to late to sell that stock?
I think the person who hired those substandard "contractors" is going to be in trouble but it being New Orleans I wonder if the inspections and permitting processes were thorough?
Is it to late to sell that stock? Originally Posted by WTF
Computers will execute sell orders 1/100th of a second after the market opens.

Widows and orphans will get screwed as always.
Shoddy work from unskilled laborers. Is that a direct result of the supposéd wall?

" . . . and the contract goes toooo . . . the lowest bidder, of course."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...leans-n1065411

Originally Posted by Hotrod511
So Hotrod, do you find humor in one person being killed, two missing, and eighteen being taken to a hospital it the aftermath of a construction accident?
So Hotrod, do you find humor in one person being killed, two missing, and eighteen being taken to a hospital it the aftermath of a construction accident? Originally Posted by Lapdog
no not at all, the humor is when dipshits like you don't know the post was directed at one of are valued poster's in the forum like yourself
no not at all, the humor is when dipshits like you don't know the post was directed at one of are valued poster's in the forum like yourself Originally Posted by Hotrod511
You continue to proudly display your ignorance as if it were a medal that you were awarded. Carry on.
Can we all say:
Construction failure lawsuit.
How many will go bankrupt?
General contractor
Various Sub-Cs
Architect
Owner
Seriously, the insurance companies will sue to recover.
And the Bank will sue as well.
And that's not counting the injured folks.

I've dealt with this crap.
Long to settle and the lawyers do get paid.
I think the person who hired those substandard "contractors" is going to be in trouble but it being New Orleans I wonder if the inspections and permitting processes were thorough? Originally Posted by friendly fred
I wouldn't single out New Orleans. This is an unfortunate occurrence that can happen anywhere. Hopefully they can single out the flaw so it doesn't happen again in the future.
saw the video of the hotel collapsing...

didn't know they were adding floors to this old historic Claiborne hotel.

it seems the I-beam structures holding the additional floors were apparently not secured or possibility a bad I-beam cracked under the strain.

the manufacturer of the steel could be liable...

lawsuit city!

part of the structure also landed across the street and hit a building. so that building may have suffered some damage.

the manufacturer of the steel could be liable...

lawsuit city! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Chinese steel?
I wouldn't single out New Orleans. This is an unfortunate occurrence that can happen anywhere. Hopefully they can single out the flaw so it doesn't happen again in the future. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Let's hope they figure it out but New Orleans has a long and sorry record of corruption.
Chinese steel? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

incompetent mexican contractors!