Best places to hobby

In the continental U.S. What is the best city to hobby in? Specificaaly, what city has the best selection, best pricing and best ratio of hobbyist to providers? I'm thinking of having a "hobby cation" and would like to get an idea of where to visit. Thanks for the input.
Dude, you live there but if not your hometown, then just drive a few hours to Big D. I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I lived in Dallas or any Texas city.
Dude, you live there but if not your hometown, then just drive a few hours to Big D. I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I lived in Dallas or any Texas city. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
+1
I would say NYC except for the pricing lol!
Calgary Alberta Canada
Dude, you live there but if not your hometown, then just drive a few hours to Big D. I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I lived in Dallas or any Texas city. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
There you have it. When I used to travel the highways and byways of this country, I've found Texas to be my ATF hotspot to hobby, for many reasons. The variety/ selection is great.
Well, in my experience Atlanta is the Mecca, at least for the Southeast. The is not only fantastic quantity, but awesome quality. The prices are extremely competitive also.
BIG D
Texas is great, but I have to believe there are other locations with more exotic providers or more of a hobby friendly location than the lone star state.
Texas is great, but I have to believe there are other locations with more exotic providers or more of a hobby friendly location than the lone star state. Originally Posted by harleytex
My friend the grass is not always greener on the other side.....of course the texas grass looks better than the the local grass (ie quantity of providers ; )
Phoenix has lots to offer.
I know the OP limited his search to the USA—but:

From everything I have read here and elswhaer . . .almost anywhere BUT the USA has a better legal climate for PFP. Central America, dominican Republi8c, Austrailia, Canada, Europe and of coourse the far-east. In the middle-east it seems to be Israel and nowhere else (well maybe if you have real jet-set money).

My vote is for Houston and/or Dallas.
Pheonix is my favorite city to go for play. You do need to be a P-411 member though.
I always had fun in Phoenix, Denver, Portland, and Seattle. Check out tnaboard if you're up that way.
The east coast has great areas to hobby like nyc & philadelphia pa