Accepting CC and other types of payments??

Hello Guys and Gals, I was just wondering if someone could explain to me how I would go about accepting credit cards and other types of payments from my customers. It seems to me like that would be easier for some clients and I would like to expand myself any feedback would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks Bunches XOXO LaylaLove
That is what guys want, a paper trail.
  • BSer
  • 01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Layla, it also creates a paper trail to you. Do you want the IRS to come knocking?
Sometimes gift cards are a good option. Let's say you get your groceries at Walmart, you can buy the items you need and it's probably easier for some guys to buy a gift card (just shows as a normal purchase at Walmart on the credit or debit card). Most wives wouldn't bat an eye at a $100 spend at Walmart.

Just be warned, verify the money is on the card before the session because it's easy to give an empty card and you wouldn't find out until too late.

Green dot is also good because a guy can say the charge at 7-11 was for gas or cigs. For those not aware, Green dot is a reloading debit card. Sold at gas stations and drug stores.
I don't know if it would be dangerous to give my credit card info to a prostitute and/or her pimp??
I don't know if it would be dangerous to give my credit card info to a prostitute and/or her pimp?? Originally Posted by dynamitekid
You're being paranoid, what could go wrong
I can honestly say when I see an ad from a girl saying she accepts credit cards . I wonder how crazy someone would have to be to give a hooker a card number. I pass right by her ad and figure she is a scammer.

Now the Info you seek is at your fingertips use the computer to find out how to do it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Credit...-Your-Business
I would never even think of using e credit/debit/reloadable card to pay for this hobby.
I had considered a CC option in the past but came to the conclusion that it creates not only a paper trail but it could lead to:

1. Possible seizure of all funds and fines levied for using a CC for what is basically an illegal transaction.

2. An investigation into past tax forms and more fines levied for not revealing all income.

3. Public exposure ( due to #1 and #2 ) for not only myself but my gentlemen friends.

4. Criminal charges for using a credit card system for illegal gain.

These things alone keep me from even considering it.

While I will always prefer cash payments, I have, and still do accept preloaded gift cards from gentlemen I know who won't give me an empty card.
I have paid with visa prepaid cards before. Worked out fine I always give them the receipt with the cards and say you are more than welcome to verify that it is good. The ones you need to watch out for are the "providers" who require a prepaid debit card. I ha e had them require me to get them and then they want the numbers to verify that they are good before they let you in that's a big scam. But like I said I'll do the prepaid visa no problem but they don't get them till I'm in and we verify everything

Plus u can get fuel perks at getgo for hobbying this way
  • cabot
  • 01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
If someone wants to accept gift cards, that's fine of course.

However, it's possible for someone to give you a gift card, you check it, and it shows a balance.

After the appointment, they can go online and order a couple of Bass-O-Matics from Amazon, and you are out of luck.

Cash Is King - and that cuts both ways, IMO.

However, it's possible for someone to give you a gift card, you check it, and it shows a balance.

After the appointment, they can go online and order a couple of Bass-O-Matics from Amazon, and you are out of luck.

Cash Is King - and that cuts both ways, IMO. Originally Posted by cabot
There are some pawnshops and gold exchanges that buy gift cards for a percentage. Guy I know who works at one said they quit taking them because of this very thing.
Always an angle and best to use cash only.

After the appointment, they can go online and order a couple of Bass-O-Matics from Amazon, and you are out of luck. Originally Posted by cabot
Which is the main reason why I said that I only accept cards from gentlemen I "know"

I know of a couple (few) times this has happened to friends.
Most recently in fact to a civi friend who traded a piece of shop equipment for Home Depot cards.
Went to HD the next day only to find the card(s) had been emptied online.
Pressed charges against the guy for theft but the equipment was already long gone, no money on the cards and the loser isn't going to be paying him back from the clink.....
Always someone trying to pull a scam. even in the real world.
Cash Is King - and that cuts both ways, IMO. Originally Posted by cabot
'nuff said
The first time I ever hobbied was in December 2003. I visited an AMP in Stamford, CT. When she had me flip and started playing with the boys, she asked if I was looking for something more when I told her I didn't have any money she said they take credit cards. The complete neophyte that I was, I stupidly gave it to her. First and only time I ever used a CC.