HOW DID THIS HAPPEN ????

I am dumbfounded. How did a majority of SCOTUS (led by Bush appointee) find that the mandate was unconstitutional, but the funding mechanism is a tax and therefore constitutional?

Did Team Obama even make this arguement in Orals?

So it is constitutional for the Federal Government to force private agreements on citizens, as long as the government calls it a tax?

This is fucked. We are fucked. Our country is lost, led by Bush appointee Roberts !

I am shell shocked.
  • CJ7
  • 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
apparently the right kept screaming about the law raising taxes on everyone and the Su -Premes heard it.
  • Laz
  • 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
The tax argument was made by the Obama attorneys during oral arguments. It was kind of a side justification but it was made.
What makes the vote even wierder, is that Kennedy, the swing vote, crossed over and voted with the good guys. He was the vote we weren't sure about. I don't think anyone thought Roberts would turn out to be a Marxist.

It looks like Roberts is going to be another David Suiter. We can't seem to put decent judges on the Supreme Court. Republican appointed Supreme Court judges have been betraying us all the way back to Earl Warren who was appointed by Eisenhower. Eisenhower said putting Earl Warren on the Supreme Court was the thing he regretted most in his eight years in office.
WAAAAAAAAAAA!
WAAAAAAAAAAA! Originally Posted by ekim008
Sounds like you need to get your diaper changed. I'll bet those adult size Depends are expensive. Maybe Obamacare will cover your diaper bill.
  • CJ7
  • 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
What makes the vote even wierder, is that Kennedy, the swing vote, crossed over and voted with the good guys. He was the vote we weren't sure about. I don't think anyone thought Roberts would turn out to be a Marxist.

It looks like Roberts is going to be another David Suiter. We can't seem to put decent judges on the Supreme Court. Republican appointed Supreme Court judges have been betraying us all the way back to Earl Warren who was appointed by Eisenhower. Eisenhower said putting Earl Warren on the Supreme Court was the thing he regretted most in his eight years in office. Originally Posted by joe bloe

Ekim doesn't want freedom. It's ok. His side is winning.
  • Doove
  • 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I am shell shocked. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Actually, even though i disagree with it, i've found an article that does the best job of making the argument of your side that i've read. It also seems to do a good job of explaining what the the right wing idiots should do going forward.

Here it is, if you care to read it.
Well, I have a news flash for you, simpleton.

You are dumbfounded
only because you are, well, dumb.

The harsh fact is that you are so fucking dumb that you don't even know it, but that really does not surprise me.

You are dumb as a damned ox, but even so you think you are smart.

The Supreme Court made the only wise choice it could have on Health Care.

I am thrilled that it got this one right!

This country is behind the times by not providing affordable health care.

. . . This law finally is upgrading the standard of living in this country.

Welcome to our own "lost decade" on top of the stunningly week recovery we've enjoyed for the last 4 years or so,
People seem to think that you can fundamentally change how health care is delivered, and expect it to stay the same. It won't. The quality will change.

We'll see in three or four years.
Ekim doesn't want freedom. It's ok. His side is winning. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

you and joe are showing your ass I was crying about the decision. fools.
Ekim, you are a huge Obamaton, and a flaming liberal. Who knew?