Other Hobby Sites

Seems to be OK. Many of the ladies I see prefer it.
If "all the ladies" seem to prefer it, why is there so little traffic in the regional forums, as compared to here and the "old place"? I go to TER, yawn, read the 2 new posts in the last week for this part of the world and move on.
I always use TER for reviews and was on there this morning. It's working great and they even have a mobile site to access from the iPhone
Gee, a thread like this would be a great way for someone to try and drum up business for another board.
Gee, a thread like this would be a great way for someone to try and drum up business for another board. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
True dat, GG. I understand the reason that it isn't copacetic to discuss other boards, but in relation to revenue generating, national boards are definitely important for providers. It's also good to know what problems you may face when using them.

The biggest problem I have w/ TER is slow support responses if any at all. A client posted a review there a week ago Sunday that still isn't posted & he's had no response from support.

I've had some account issues that have been ongoing for almost 2 yrs, and I just blew off going there when I couldn't get resolution. When the crash happened in Feb 09, I sure was bummin' about the lack of reviews I had there compared to the old stomping grounds. (over 100 on the P vs. 11 on TER)

The other drawback for Austinites is no dedicated forum available. I end up in the Houston forum because I know more people there than in Dallas so am more likely to go there.

Anyway, I'm sure glad to have eccie for local traffic & commentary. Support here ROCKS, too! Thanks TBone & Becky!!!

Kat
I have been having problems accessing TER myself and coincidentally received an email from them asking me to reup. I wrote back informing them of my difficulties and heard this AM that they have had a glitch with earthlink subscribers. All is well now, as you probably know.
I am still having problems accessing TER and I am using earthlink. Any suggestions?
If they succeed in retaining even a good fraction of the aspd data, they will be very successful in Texas. If not, they are just one more successor board.
Well it looks like they are moving along, they have announced that they have bought their new servers.
  • xtrem
  • 01-14-2010, 08:31 PM
N E 1 Kick in $$?
Yes, we are moving along quite nicely.
All needed equipment is bought and paid for.
Programmer informed us today that the site could be up as soon as Monday for us to begin testing it out and making whatever cosmetic adjustments we'd like.
There are important steps remaining in the process between now and then, but currently we have no reason to believe we won't have most, if not all, of the data.
Well if eCRAPS is going to be a reincarnation of ASPD ... I am not sure I will go back ... I was turned off at ASPD when I was basically yelled at for expressing my opinion is some reviews, i.e., a girl I reviewed had gotten good reviews ... so I went and put my money down ... and she was a huge disappointment ... although she had a cute face and she was slender ... she was a complete turn-off ... I would go as far as to say her body was almost ugly ... disproportionate boobs, lousy skin, etc. etc.
When I point this out in my review, they got all pissy ... so I mainly lurked at ASPD as a guest, without logging in.

I hope eccie can do a better job at keep it civil and allowing the reviews to be more "real".
I hope eccie can do a better job at keep it civil and allowing the reviews to be more "real". Originally Posted by nebtex1
its a new world here for sure. Guys appreciate honest reviews. They should all be that way. So as long as you do not go out of you way trashing a provider and your comments are constructive all should be well. Keep reviewing.

I hope eccie can do a better job at keep it civil and allowing the reviews to be more "real". Originally Posted by nebtex1
You might be able to help eccie "keep it civil" by not referring to ERAPS in the disrespectful way that you did.