14 Gold medals - Who cares, we got Hockey Gold

Am I the only one thinking a best of seven between those two teams would be amazing?? Originally Posted by Hawkeye

Absolutely! That game demonstrated the impact of talent dilution in the NHL.
Attached Images File Type: jpg image002.jpg (33.8 KB, 39 views)
No attribution on the source of the picture?
No attribution on the source of the picture? Originally Posted by SR Only

PJ's iPhone?
No attribution on the source of the picture? Originally Posted by SR Only
It came from an out of work comedian.
Sort of like saying you won a baseball game because you had better stats, or a footbal game based on time of possession

Scoreboard counts! Originally Posted by terbul
DG nailed it. It was a soccer reference in a joking manner. Sorry the humor was lost on some.

Fair play to Canada. They were the better team in the game that mattered most.

I would echo the sentiment that I'd love to see these two teams in a best-of-7 format. Would be one HELL of a series.
Yeah, It's kind of awkward being in Dallas rooting for the Canadian teams. However, I'm a die hard Mavericks fan and my football team is and always will be the Cowboys. When it comes to hockey I'm a true Ottawa Senator through and through.

The Gold medal game was the ultimate All-Star game. However, I don't think a 7 game series would be much of a contest. The USA might take 2 games but that is a stretch.

Honestly I was more into the curling matches than anything else. Undefeated by the men's team was a huge accomplishment. And they had a match with a 5 point end. If you don't know anything about curling... that was unbelievable and a bit embarrasing for the other team.

I must say though... the snowboard half-pipe isn't a contest at all. Everyone there knew they were competing for Silver. Shaun White is the Tiger Woods of Snowboarding and it will take a miracle for anyone to top him.