To all the ladies who've written references but have not received a thank you note

Hey All--
This is specifically for the ladies, but I'm sorry since I don't currently have the Powder Room access so I thought this would be the best place to put it.

Let me say that first off, to those who've written me references after I've sent you requests, you absolutely rock! I really appreciate it, and no matter how long it's been I'm going to do my darndest to send you a thank you note!

I really wish more women sent me reference requests since I'd like to return the favor.

Anyway, I've been working with an assistant who does my screening so I can concentrate on communicating with the hobbyists. While my assistant does say "thank you for any info you can give" in the initial request, he hasn't been in the habit of sending a thank you note afterward. This is my bad-- he made a case that he was trying to limit intrusion, and email static. I knew better but since sometimes when people send me a thank you note, I'm like, "cool" and then just press delete, I thought his reasons made sense.

It's come to my attention in a thread in the main forum that this is heinously bad etiquette since each lovely lady does her own screening and really does put her life and safety in potential peril with each reference she gathers-- so it is only good manners to thank her for not only doing the initial screening and having the information, but being willing to share it.

So, I humbly apologize. Not sending out thank you notes, as paradoxical as it seems, was done with good intentions, but now I see the error of that thinking.

Thank you to all who have sent me references, and I really do hope to thank all of you personally via email. I genuinely feel bad about this and don't want ya'll to think ill of me

Sincerely,
SugarBeth
  • R.M.
  • 07-15-2011, 06:39 AM
You were very professional when asking me for a reference. I can't remember if you thank me or not its not a big deal for me. I am just grateful that we are all blessed and safe.