Russians meddled says Senate committee

The following is excerpted from a FOX News report:

Findings by the intelligence community that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election to help Donald Trump win were "accurate and on point," according to an unclassified report and accompanying statement by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released Tuesday.

The committee's findings came after a lengthy review of the "sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning" a January 2017 intelligence community assessment.

The FBI's and CIA's "analytical disagreement" with the NSA over whether Russia sought to bolster the Trump presidential campaign was "reasonable," the report also said.

While the FBI and CIA had "high confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin aspired to help Trump's election chances by denigrating opponent Hillary Clinton, the NSA had only "moderate confidence" in that assessment, according to the January 2017 analysis.

The disagreement among agencies "was reasonable, transparent, and openly debated among the agencies and analysts, with analysts, managers and agency heads on both sides of the confidence level articulately justifying their positions," the Senate intelligence committee's findings said.

In a statement, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C, said the panel's review was ongoing.

“The committee has spent the last 16 months reviewing the sources, tradecraft and analytic work underpinning the intelligence community assessment and sees no reason to dispute the conclusions,” Burr said.

Our president disputes this finding. More troubling is the president's continual reference to Putin's denial regarding Russian interference as the last word in this matter.
Big fucking deal. It doesnt say Trump colluded with the Russians. We play the same games in elections in other countries and should not be surprised that others do too.
Color me unconvinced. When did this report come out? They used the same rhetoric to say the Russians hacked into the NE power grid only to be made fools out of. I've seen the FB supposed "ads" that denigrated Hillary and Trump before and after the election.

The farce is over. Move on.
Yeah, so what if they did.
Normal world wide politics simply continues.
How many countries does the US support the leadership with "US Aid"?
How many countries has the US sent in UC's to destabilize?
Amusing that it's not actually a "crime", just embarrassing (Bay of Pigs).
President Trump's contention has always been that regardless of what he Russians did or did not do, he had nothing to do with it.
The Russian have been meddling in our elections for years.

Oh no wait....it was Comey who lost the election for Hillary.

Oh no wait.....it was all the women who should have voted for Hillary but didn’t.

Oh no wait.....Obama didn’t try hard enough to help get Hillary elected.

Blah blah blah
azzzup queer... looks like you're still eating shit samwiches made by clinton

I suppose a human being can be dumber than a bag of rocks.
President Trump's contention has always been that regardless of what he Russians did or did not do, he had nothing to do with it. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I agree. I think it is doubtful Trump was involved but I think that some of his staff may have been aware of what was going on.
MEDDLING, PEOPLE, MEDDLING!

The full weight of the US Meddling laws should be exerted on the meddlers.

Right after the 3 year IG investigation starts.
I don't believe it anyway. After all didn't Obama tell Putin to "knock it off" or was it "cut it out". Everyone knows that would put the fear of God into Putin.
After all didn't Obama tell Putin to "knock it off" or was it "cut it out". Everyone knows that would put the fear of God into Putin. Originally Posted by Budman
That was after he sent Putin "the message" ...

A question for all the libs. What upsets you more, that Russia interfered in the election for Trump or that the FBI interfered in the election for HRC? IMO it's 100 times worse for the FBI to try and influence an election than a foreign government. We should expect this kind of meddling from outside the US and do what we can to minimize it. On the other hand we should demand that our government organizations to be above board and stay neutral in all matters. Unlike the FBI and the IRS have proven over the last several years.