Give back the Oscar . . .What about giving back the Nobel Prize?

Ok . . .I get it about the Oscar and Natalie Portman. She said she did all that dancing and someone else says maybe she didnt. Well, she is an actress and so maybe she only acted like she was dancing. That she did or didn't is not the issue . . .its that she said she did (and maybe she DID).

Our president received the Nobel Peace Prize on the mere expectation that he was worthy of it. Yet, the prison at Guantanimo Bay is still open and we are now in a THIRD war in the middle east! I would think that the Sweeds would want their money back!
The Oscars are more meaningful than the Nobel Peace prize
Ok . . .I get it about the Oscar and Natalie Portman. She said she did all that dancing and someone else says maybe she didnt. Well, she is an actress and so maybe she only acted like she was dancing. That she did or didn't is not the issue . . .its that she said she did (and maybe she DID).

Our president received the Nobel Peace Prize on the mere expectation that he was worthy of it. Yet, the prison at Guantanimo Bay is still open and we are now in a THIRD war in the middle east! I would think that the Sweeds would want their money back! Originally Posted by ICU 812

He can keep the Nobel Peace prize, how about giving the presidency to someone with qualifications and accomplishments, or at least someone who could not be brow beat by the Europeans to sacrifice American blood and treasure for European oil..........when are we going to have a president who only uses military force to protect real American interests?
The Oscars are more meaningful than the Nobel Peace prize Originally Posted by pjorourke
Actually neither mean much to me.
Me neither, but the Oscars drive a lot of box office.
I think the Nobel selection committee needs to live with the egg on their face. Maybe they’ll be more reflective in the future.
At least now...given Cammy's other thread...I now know who she is.
IMHO: they should re-think the award to Al Gore too.

At least Carter actually builds houses himself!
Guys I had asked the OP if I might close this. It'll just be a flame war and not serve any real purpose. I do get the humor of the post, but .... it's one less thing to watch. There's only so many hours in the day.