LE can get your real number via google voice

I haven't noticed anybody mention this so I'd like to bring it up.

Google WILL turn over your google voice info to LE:

source:
https://www.google.com/transparencyr.../legalprocess/

Subpoena:
Subscriber registration information
Sign-up IP address and associated time stamp
Telephone connection records
Billing information

Court Order:
Forwarding number
Information obtainable with a subpoena

Search Warrant:
Stored text message content
Stored voicemail content
Information obtainable with a subpoena or court order

So, it seems google voice protects me from the provider knowing my real number, but doesn't protect me from LE. If a provider gets busted, and LE goes thru her phone and discover previous conversations with me, should I worry about them investigating further via any of the 3 methods above?

I could get a burner phone, but it would be difficult to hide from my SO. I could hide a burner SIM card a lot easier, and swap it out with my main SIM card as needed, but then LE could still tie the 2 SIM cards together with the IMEI number. Am I being too paranoid?
Paranoid?
Yes. How much effort do you think le is going to put into a misdemeanor?
Warrents, subpoenas, etc are not issued unless theres probable cause.

And how leo gets gv data is old news
If it's really bothering anybody that much, go back to the burner phones.
So long as you stay away from [ forbidden subject] then you are fine.
My google voice account is linked to a burner phone number anyway.
I always assumed L.E would use the sign-up IP address even before this was posted in such explicit terms. I always assumed all log-in IP's would be recorded. That's just what you have to think when you think smart. Another thing to be aware of is VPN data-breaks, sometimes your connection will disconnect if you are using Public Wi-Fi or something like that. So its smart to prevent IP leaks by implementing custom code. It can be customized in most VPN programs these days.
Of course they will. They really don't have a choice if served with a court order. Are you involved in human trafficking or forbidden subjects? If not, why would the police expend resources to give you a minor ticket?

No matter what you do, the feds can and will get you if they really want but why would they?
I use the text plus app, but I agree a burner phone is safer. I use an old att flip phone.
What if the google number in linked to a burner phone anyways so that wouldn't help em much lol
My google voice account is linked to a burner phone number anyway. Originally Posted by hermanhaspender
I haven't noticed anybody mention this so I'd like to bring it up.

Google WILL turn over your google voice info to LE:

source:
https://www.google.com/transparencyr.../legalprocess/

Subpoena:
Subscriber registration information
Sign-up IP address and associated time stamp
Telephone connection records
Billing information

Court Order:
Forwarding number
Information obtainable with a subpoena

Search Warrant:
Stored text message content
Stored voicemail content
Information obtainable with a subpoena or court order

So, it seems google voice protects me from the provider knowing my real number, but doesn't protect me from LE. If a provider gets busted, and LE goes thru her phone and discover previous conversations with me, should I worry about them investigating further via any of the 3 methods above?

I could get a burner phone, but it would be difficult to hide from my SO. I could hide a burner SIM card a lot easier, and swap it out with my main SIM card as needed, but then LE could still tie the 2 SIM cards together with the IMEI number. Am I being too paranoid? Originally Posted by TallAndSkinny
Government can find out anything about anyone. Government has resources. Government want to shut down pay to play business. Million reviews on professionals website pages not good for illegal business .I have clients won't write reviews on adult websites because its illegal business.
what is a burner phone?
Technically, a burner phone is a prepaid device.
Technically, a burner phone is a prepaid device. Originally Posted by gntman
It IS a prepaid ''device''. A phone you can buy limited "just enough" minutes for the deed and throw away. Not meant store a lot.
I use a text app on my regular phone which allows me to change names, area codes, and phones numbers.

It comes in handy while traveling and allows me to stay anonymous.
Stop texting and stop emailing don't discuss services or rates. Le can go back 6months without a warrant.