6 minute post delay

what is up with the 6 minute post delay???

I'm running into it in a number of forums.
Same question.

+1 DF
Site Maintenance is happening, and will last for the next several weeks. I’ve been informed that during the maintenance period some may experience posting limits. This is unavoidable and will probably be irritating to some, especially those who post frequently.
Thanks for the explanation Tex.
Why were we not informed ahead of time on this then?
they march to the beat of their own drum. lol!
Site Maintenance is happening, and will last for the next several weeks. I’ve been informed that during the maintenance period some may experience posting limits. This is unavoidable and will probably be irritating to some, especially those who post frequently. Originally Posted by Tex9401
Not irritating at all. In fact, I recommend making it permanent. You just saved JCM800 from having to ban a couple of obnoxious, universally detested and out-of-control spammers over in the Political Forum. Now that they have to wait 5 minutes in between posts, the spamming has stopped. Brilliant! My hat's off to whoever came up with this remedy!

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2176789
Not irritating at all. In fact, I recommend making it permanent. You just saved JCM800 from having to ban a couple of obnoxious, universally detested and out-of-control spammers over in the Political Forum. Now that they have to wait 5 minutes in between posts, the spamming has stopped. Brilliant! My hat's off to whoever came up with this remedy!

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2176789 Originally Posted by lustylad
you realize it is board wide.
  • Mokoa
  • 10-07-2017, 01:08 AM
The delay is meant to combat the spammers, both human and bot.
good info to know as i have experienced that delay and wondered as well
Do i take it that then means the delay (now at 7 minutes) will stay around for a while longer?
Here is what I was told from the top.

The site maintenance and the post delay are 2 different issues but started at the same time so were packaged together.

Site maintenance is done.
Post delay will continue, with refinements in the near future.

From what I was told, there’s only about 6 or 7 forums across the board where the post spamming has gotten out of control. Code is being written so the delay will only affect those specific forums. In addition, user-specific post delays, daily and weekly post limits will soon be in place.

If you are a “normal user” whatever that is determined to be, none of this will affect you at all. If you have been flooding forums with your posts to increase your post count or whatever other reason you may have, then you will end up on lockdown, but you will still probably be able to make 1 or 2 posts a day in a given forum.
This is it, the beginning of the end.
This is it, the beginning of a real solution.
This is it, the beginning of a real solution. Originally Posted by phaedrus
which is no solution at all!