Be Careful of Clubs in Shanghai

BE VERY CAREFUL OF THE CLUBS!!! I met two girls on the street in Xin-Tiandi area (old French Concession I think). They asked me to go drinking at a club with them. It was a setup. They took me to a club, we got a Karioke room to ourselves and started drinking. After 30 min of drinking, singing and heavy petting, a knock on the door and I was presented with a bill for 21,000 RMB (~$3,500) by the lady manager. For example, she said we drank 3 bottles of whiskey at $500 per bottle. I said here you can have my 1200 RMB its all I got, I threw it down and started to leave. The door opened and in stepped two big guys and I could see 3 more in the hall behind them. Long story short - I dialed 110 (911 # in Shanghai) and got police, club manager said stop stop we can make a deal while the girls were swinging at me trying to knock the phone out of my hand. She said go to ATM and get another 1200 RMB and we call it good. I walked outside with the two big guys, saw a crowd of tourists coming down the street and ran like hell through them and never looked back, jumped in a taxi and went back to my hotel. Felt real lucky to get out of there alive.
My recommendation: call one of the Craigslist ads and have a girl come to your room.
Thanks for posting and it's good you're safe, gives us all something to think about when traveling.
I have a good contact in Shanghai for a good and safe visit to your hotel room. PM me for details.
am going to main land china, is this part of it?
am going to main land china, is this part of it? Originally Posted by JuxJonny
Uhhh... Shanghai is on mainland China; yes. Looking forward to reading some reviews!
Uhhh... Shanghai is on mainland China; yes. Looking forward to reading some reviews! Originally Posted by eros1970
Craigslist's ads now were gone,don't know why ,maybe they changed the rules.
Here's my recommendation,just check http://shanghai.happymassage.com all the massage girls/agencies/massage places with good or bad reviews were listed here.