Snake Farm in New Braunfels - hidden treasure?

In the past, I heard that the snake farm was a front for a prostitute house at some time in the past.

The pass phrase to get access was to go to the ticket counter and ask "do you have change for a hundred".

Anyone else ever hear that rumor???????????
just a rumor.... can I trade my chickens for sex? Ha Ha
I've heard the rumor, but have no personal experience on the subject. Perhaps one of our senior hobbyists can chime in.

The way I heard it, you had to ask for the change in a very specific way, like "three 20's, three 10's, a 5 and five 1's," or something along those lines. I read a thread about it here on eccie but couldn't find it again. But I did find one other reference in an Austin thread that mentioned that they had "pleasure trailers" out back.
Was listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard's song "Snake Farm" and it got me wondering about the rumors also. Have been hearing those rumors for the last twenty years.
Just blow their cover, why don't ya! LOL Now everyone knows their slithering stealthy secret. ❤
Someone light up the Flinde Sign (tm).
I went there over 15 years ago...the only anacondas I saw there were snakes. Lol
One story about the Snake Farm that is true is that Mike Judge took the writers for "King of the Hill" there to give them a true taste of Texas kitsch.
LOL, well I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard those rumors in the past. Where there's smoke there's fire? Where there's snakes there's sex?? But I went a couple of years ago and it seemed very family oriented so any shenanigans to be had there are likely long gone.

It's actually evolved well beyond just snakes to almost a whole zoo.
I've heard that rumor since I was a teen, 40+ years ago. No telling how many times that place has changed hands.
Reminds me of the La Grange chicken ranch... The real deal, I can remember the eyewitness news special reporter out of Houston doing the story on that place.. Marvin Zindler eyewitness news! Haha
Marvin Z's daughter workedat the chocken ranch. That's why he go involved in that operation. True story.
I went there over 15 years ago...the only anacondas I saw there were snakes. Lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
Was it a trouser snake?
I hate to be a pussy.... but snakes... I'm sorry, don't care if it's Alpha, Slave, or best provider in the world.. SNAKES...

I guess great front, but I'll never know. snakes are ok in zoos, but doesn't mean I specifically go the zoo to see them.
This place was featured on the "Dirties Jobs" .
  • Mokoa
  • 06-24-2017, 06:52 PM