Sticky.. Knot..

No pun intended...

This is in reference to our Climate & Earth..A fun poll if you will what would you choose?
I was torn because I love Mother Earth then as I was getting ready to post this MY Battery died!!!

So this is sticky..& not in the fun way..:/
https://www.fastcompany.com/90714243...who-should-win
I think car manufactures should be looking at a more "Fuel - Electric" solution like the way a train locomotive does.

it has a large diesel engine that powers an A/C generator which provides A/C power to the 6 800 hp motors at the wheels (each axle of a locomotive has its own electric traction motor) as well as power an air compressor for the air brakes and other items needing air.

If a large SUV or truck can have a scaled down version of this - instead of a 6 liter engine, have a 1.5 liter that spins the generator for power to an electric motor for the drive train and provide power for the brakes, A/C etc.. then you might be able to go further on a tank of gas.

But you might not go as FAST.. aka your top speed might be 90 - 95 mph, but I would GLADLY trade MPH for MPG
I see nothing but facts about a locomotive. You would be surprised about everything thats powered inside of those things. Up to 4 screens refrigerator, 2 fans possible lights on the inside.
I see nothing but facts about a locomotive. You would be surprised about everything thats powered inside of those things. Up to 4 screens refrigerator, 2 fans possible lights on the inside. Originally Posted by IAmthem
Actually I am not surprised as to what is in a locomotive. Being the son of a retired Railroad mechanic who worked for 45 years before he retired 25 years ago, nope seen to many insides of locomotives, including steam engines.

But the idea is sound.. generators have 3 throttle settings, idle, on demand and full. The On Demand means when an electric load is put on it, the engines speeds up, otherwise it runs at a lower rpm or idle if that provides enough power.

Locomotives have 9 throttle positions, idle, throttle 1-8 and they are tuned for optimal power per each rpm position.
good info....