Doesn't it scare you when a provider retires....

I may be paranoid, but when a provider that I saw "retires" a whole bunch of not good "ideas" come to mind.
what do you think ?
  • Trey
  • 06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I could see what you are saying when I see they are moving on I think that they have finished school got married or just got a job I would hope thats what has happened most of the time... I hope.
I would say that when a provider retires it is most of the time for the reasons Trey stated. It is rarely because she got busted. IMO.
It can be for all sorts of harmless reasons, as Trey mentioned. Some come back, some fade away.
Most of the time when I see a provider announcing "retirement" it reminds me of the "Going out of Business" sales a lot of stores hold.

Then there is the "Under new Management" sign.

A lot of times the provider may actually think she will be leaving the biz, but most of the time, its just to generate LAST MINUTE - I-gotta-see-her-before-she-leaves appointments.

The Classy ones are the people who simply leave the board without the fan-fare. Just move on with their lives. And then someone posts "What ever happened to ..."
Speaking as someone who was in the hobby and then retired for 5 years, and also someone who has known a lot of providers who've left the biz, I find the two most common reasons are:

1. New romantic interest makes them want to retire and use all their love on their new partner.

2. Burnout. Leading a double life can be really grueling. Sometimes a normal job and a normal life, even with the pay cut, is more fulfilling.

3. Having been outed.

Most of the girls I know who've been busted jump right back on the horse, often without even changing their name.

And when I retired, I let everyone know. Not because I lack class. (God CB, can you be more insulting?) In fact, I didn't really have time to catch a lot of "last minute" appointments as I was too busy with exams during the week I retired. I let people know because I'd developed wonderful friendships at best, and good business relationships at worst with a lot of hobbyists and providers and I think it would have been pretty darn classless to disappear without saying goodbye.
Actually I can.
Trust me, he really can.
I can only say, I am way glad Sophia "unretired"! She's an ATF.
I would agree with the going out of business sale but....., they don't lower their prices.

The retirement announcement to me is saying "Hurry up and get some before I leave" so I can make a whole bunch of money. Once the funds are dried up,or their other reasons for leaving don't work out, they un-retire.

An announcement is ok though, if they are truly retiring. You didn't retire if you come back in a couple of weeks of months. Now a five year hiatus is different, that is a retirement.

I think it would be better for them to say "I am taking a break and will let you know when I come back".

In summation, this reminds me of a song from one my favorite rock bands: Metallica.
"Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Don't Retire With All The Fanfare (Just Retire) or.....
Don't Retire With All The Fanfare (Just Go Away)

And what about this... the ones who need to retire but don't. Thats another topic.....
I think what CB is referring to are the providers who "retire" several times a year, or who are in "just about to retire" status for months at a time. If you're quitting, just hang it up.
I think what CB is referring to are the providers who "retire" several times a year, or who are in "just about to retire" status for months at a time. If you're quitting, just hang it up. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
+123,785
ummm.. too bad no one seems to be concerned about the things that I am concerned about.......I am still waiting until someone reads my mind. (I am refering to the ones that retire for good)
I think it would have been pretty darn classless to disappear without saying goodbye. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I agree. I could never leave w/ out saying good bye to you guys (& gals)
ummm.. too bad no one seems to be concerned about the things that I am concerned about.......I am still waiting until someone reads my mind. (I am refering to the ones that retire for good) Originally Posted by Inhouston
HIV or + STD status?