Don't you

Hate when you go through a reputable provider's rigorous screening, pay a deposit and pay for a hotel when a provider confirms, the provider has to cancel due to their mother having an emergency 40 min later? I hate it. I booked a non-refundable hotel room when the provider confirmed that I cannot get the funds back. I tell the provider about the situation and she tells me that she told me before check-in time. Hotel cancellation policy is 24 hours notice before check-in. Can you say SOL from the provider response? On top of it, she is sharing on social media that she is with some dude having fun. The mother crisis emergency resolved? Or never happened?
Can you say SOL from the provider response? On top of it, she is sharing on social media that she is with some dude having fun. The mother crisis emergency resolved? Or never happened? Originally Posted by txmarkie
Does it really matter if you don't tell us who she is?
There are plenty of threads regarding paying deposits, but at least you got your $$ back plus a little extra for your troubles.....
Next time use an hourly spot & don't get the room until she arrives.
You'll have the same experience whether you are on a bed at the Sheraton or the Palace Inn.
Never give deposits.

think of it as a lesson learned.
So novice at getting hourly. I am like the OP—-I reserve on a travel service like kayak or Expedia. Been lucky no stood up …

Good guidance on hourlies here
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...ht=palace+cash
I can't believe this is still happening, smh...
Ouch..that does suck..
Who was it?
Ouch..that does suck..
Who was it? Originally Posted by VENUSNOVA
Yes it does SUCK but very unlikely the Op will disclose her identity. Several ladies here have a tendency to send nasty & threatening msgs when called out on this type of behavior. Not to mention they go & make up BS in the ladies only area to try & put the Op on a "DNS LIST" as revenge.
So novice at getting hourly. I am like the OP—-I reserve on a travel service like kayak or Expedia. Been lucky no stood up …

Good guidance on hourlies here
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...ht=palace+cash Originally Posted by BigTex6
When I click that link, I get a message saying I do not have the permissions needed for that page. Does that mean I did something wrong?
When I click that link, I get a message saying I do not have the permissions needed for that page. Does that mean I did something wrong? Originally Posted by Scottferd
Well you don't currently have premium access.

But for the deposit issue, I have no prob with deposits, for long time trusted friends for which a travel advance is appropriate, to somewhere in ski territory for a weekend.