Cyber Dust

Will the hobby world adopt Mark Cuban's "Papertrail-free" texting technology? Just curious if anyone has tried using it? Interesting concept.
Will the hobby world adopt Mark Cuban's "Papertrail-free" texting technology? Just curious if anyone has tried using it? Interesting concept. Originally Posted by MrMarriott
It's useless for now because you can take a screen capture of any text you receive. Good idea, but pointless until they can address that issue.

L4L
It's useless for now because you can take a screen capture of any text you receive. Good idea, but pointless until they can address that issue.

L4L Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
That can easily be disabled by the app. I am surprised they didn't. It takes just a few lines of code.

However, you can always snap a picture of the screen. There is nothing that can stop a determined person. But nothing is foolproof.

But is way better than text.
That can easily be disabled by the app. I am surprised they didn't. It takes just a few lines of code.

However, you can always snap a picture of the screen. There is nothing that can stop a determined person. But nothing is foolproof.

But is way better than text. Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Anything that can be disabled by an app can be re-enabled. I really don't see a future for this app unless it becomes a custom OS version (like Blackberry) for guys like Cuban who want to be invisible to the SEC.
Anything that can be disabled by an app can be re-enabled. I really don't see a future for this app unless it becomes a custom OS version (like Blackberry) for guys like Cuban who want to be invisible to the SEC. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
I am not talking about disabling the screen print permanently as a setting. I'm talking about disabling while the app is running. I have done it in my apps and it can't be circumvented... Just if the guy takes a camera and snaps a picture...
Yeah, I wouldn't say useless. Does seem like a better option than just plain txt. I'm thinking if you're going through the trouble of signing up for an account and installing apps you're not going to be interested in sitting there taking screen shots of your convo...kinda defeats the purpose of signing up in the first place.

L4L Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
Love it how people are experts on software, or an app, and they haven't even used it. I've been using it for awhile. Here's how it works: If I send a Cyber Dust message or pic to someone, and they screenshot it, then I get a notification that tells me that they've done that. Doesn't prevent it, but it tells you who you can trust and who you can't. If they violate the trust, then stop sending them anything sensitive.

And "a few lines of code" can prevent a screen grab? Haha .. nope. You can screenshot anything you see on your iPhone's screen.
Love it how people are experts on software, or an app, and they haven't even used it. I've been using it for awhile. Here's how it works: If I send a Cyber Dust message or pic to someone, and they screenshot it, then I get a notification that tells me that they've done that. Doesn't prevent it, but it tells you who you can trust and who you can't. If they violate the trust, then stop sending them anything sensitive.

And "a few lines of code" can prevent a screen grab? Haha .. nope. You can screenshot anything you see on your iPhone's screen. Originally Posted by DallasBenz
I can use a local screening function or a VPN to block that return message that says a screen shot has been taken. Lots and lots of options.

Bottom line: Regular IM and text is fine for most people. If you feel the need to try to erase messages that you send... DON'T SEND THEM. Duh. Cyberdust is an investment by Mark Cuban that he's trying to pump up. I'm sure most security experts are giggling. I am.
I could see it being useful if you could text any number with the app instead of having to add them as a friend which means they also have to have the app downloaded
Damn Jules! You are looking fine these days. Never met you before that may have to change soon. Wow!