A Master is understanding, wise and intuitive.

Trying to Help a Provider Friend Understand the differences between the Master/Slave relationship.
All relations are Different.
Without understanding, one setting out to do a thing will likely fail. On the matter of ruling, the powers of sound judgment, influence, and intuition must be sought and clearly honed. These skills are not effortlessly obtained, however. As ruler, he mustn't be brash or assuming, or allow his sensual pleasures to override his self-sovereignty. A Master must be comfortable in his own skin, balanced with knowledge of forethought and understanding always that though he is essentially a teacher, never does he cease to learn.
  • st929
  • 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
A master is a teacher. If a master becomes anything else, than they fail at being what is their mission. By teaching a master needs to learn their sub in and out. What they like, dislike, enjoy, fear and life experiences. It is a master that takes a sub and leads then into facing their fears and over coming them. Pain is a tool but one must learn if a sub finds pleasure in it, than using pain should be reserved for their pleasure. For some being spanked with a belt is true punishment, for others its orgasmic. In some the levels of punishment have grown and I had one who faced water boarding (yes I have had it done to me and I have used it officially) as their ultimate goal and it is a challenge she faced and learned from each time (she was NEVER forced but it was offered and she accepted it). It is a positive reward negative punish situation in which a sub learns to serve another in all ways all the while growing stronger in their inner self and becoming more adept at facing tomorrows challenges with the strength their master has taught them to recognize.

The most important element that any and all master must recognize is that without out a sub they are a master of no one. The sub is the most important part of any master/sub relationship as it is their choice to serve and give themselves to their master.

Ok I will hush now and take my ideas and opinions back to my box.
One small correction, in my humble opinion.

A Master is a leader, not a ruler.

I do not rule, I lead. By listening, by working with my Submissive, Listening to her verbal and non verbal cues. By pushing and respecting limits. By creating scenarios that allow her to dive deeper into her submission, safely and with abandon.

I am charged with her care, emotional, physically and in a sense, spiritually. I am charged with keeping her spirit intact. Caring for her and pushing her.

I will add more later...

PPE
One small correction, in my humble opinion.

A Master is a leader, not a ruler.

I do not rule, I lead. By listening, by working with my Submissive, Listening to her verbal and non verbal cues. By pushing and respecting limits. By creating scenarios that allow her to dive deeper into her submission, safely and with abandon.

I am charged with her care, emotional, physically and in a sense, spiritually. I am charged with keeping her spirit intact. Caring for her and pushing her.

I will add more later...

PPE Originally Posted by PurplePussyEater

I have to agree with PPE on this thread.

I am a submissive who is a TRUE submissive. I live to please, to care for, to love the one who leads me. Not the one who "rules" me. In my mind a Dom who is looking to "rule" can become more then I can handle. More then I want to deal with.. He only becomes an "ass" in my eyes.

A TRUE Master will lead a submissive. Lead her to a darker side slowly, gently, and sensually. He will show her how to grow and know the other sides of herself, sides that she never knew before with out pushing her limits too far, too quickly. And all the while he will show her love and respect. This is what helps gain trust and respect.

In my eyes this is why a submissive can grow close and attached to her Master in a short period of time. And if he continues to show her that respect she will continute to to give back the same.

In my eyes a relationship that is respected to the fullest can turn into TRUE LOVE.

An uncollared Starr