Textfree app for phone is great!

I have always struggled with being discrete and being able to text or even call a potential companion. Recently someone told me to check out the textfree app for my phone. Works great and eliminates the need to get a burner phone.

You simply download the app and you get to pick your own phone number. It is free if you just want to text and don't mind seeing adds. However, you have to use it at least once every 30 days or you will lose your number. If you want to always keep that number, you can pay $4.99/month to reserve it, but I can't see me not using it at least once monthly, so for me it is free. You can also make calls for a price. Didn't check into that much.

You guys may already be clued in to apps like this but it was news to me, so hope this helps someone else
What’s the name of the app?
Sounds like google voice except you are paying for a number...GV doesn't cost....and you use your own phone with a different number...
Food for thought... I've always believed that a hobby phone should be a separate phone altogether. Guys think that using apps on their RW phone is safe, but might not realize this: when you download an app, the fact that it was downloaded will always be on your App Store or Play history. Even after the app is deleted. And any app data (texts or pics sent, phone calls made, location history etc etc) will always be associated with the App Store or Play account which downloaded the app, even if the app is deleted.

I know that when you delete an app on an iPhone it says "deleting app also deletes data." I say that's bullshit. I've experienced a situation where I reinstalled a deleted app on a separate device and it mysteriously retained all of the data which was claimed to have been deleted. Only explanation is that the App Store server saved the data in association with my email address. It should come as no surprise that these huge tech companies can effortlessly save and associate any data they come across, private mode or otherwise. They might not admit to saving it, but they don't have to. You're the one who gave them the data in the first place by using the software.

Therefore the only safe route is to have separate, anonymous devices and accounts, all paid in cash or prepaid debit. With no possible connection to your RW self.
The app is called Textfree. Just do a search in your app menu on your phone and it should come up.

https://www.pinger.com/text-free/ on the computer is the website

I don't pay anything because I don't use it for anything but texting. Unlimited texting is free. Giraffe: I am using my own phone with a different number, just like you are doing. Just click on the app and you are connected and can start texting. Also, not sure, but I think it may require a wifi connection to work

There probably are other good apps out there like this. I just didn't know they existed until someone clued me in and so I hope I can help some other guys like me that might benefit.
Just tried it with cell service only and no Wi-Fi and it worked fine. Guess you don’t need Wi-Fi, at least to text
TextPlus is better!
The thing I love about it, is it lets you change your number once.
But if you uninstall the app, it doesn’t require phone number or email address to start over.
Unlimited new numbers infinitely.
TextPlus is better!
The thing I love about it, is it lets you change your number once.
But if you uninstall the app, it doesn’t require phone number or email address to start over.
Unlimited new numbers infinitely. Originally Posted by jimmy jump
https://textplus.com/textplus-featur...t-cheap-calls/