McConnell & Obama had slave owner descendants

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...veholders.html

both McConnell and Obama were descendants of slave owners.

sounds like the media is butt hurt about McConnell not in favor of reparations.

I find the reparations idea rather ironic because it had a different outcome with the british experience.

Britain outlawed slavery in 1833. slave-owners were compensated for their loss of slaves. the slaves were never compensated. the slaves got their freedom, but got screwed out of any reparations.

not the case in U.S.; the slaves got their freedom, but slave owners and slaves got screwed out of any compensation.
The Slaves did get reparations. They were set free in the greatest nation on earth to map out their lives. Many of them by their own accord chose to go back to their native Africa. The ones that survived the journey found they would become slaves again. As a white man I was never a Slave owner. No Black man living today was ever a slave. To tell African Americans that they are worthy of reparations for slavery is actually reinforcing that they are victims. Smart Blacks find that notion to be insulting.
let's cut to the chase shall we? the only race that owes reparations to the Black race is the Black race. it is a known FACT that 70-90% of all Blacks sold into slavery were sold by their own race as a result of inter-tribal wars in Africa. this myth of hundreds of sailing ships of white Euros marauding Africa's west coast for slaves is false. they didn't need to. they could get all the slaves they could take by simply trading for them with the tribes of Blacks in Africa for them.

So .. the only question is .... How much will the Black race pay themselves for slavery???

falsely accused white people want to know!!!
let's cut to the chase shall we? the only race that owes reparations to the Black race is the Black race. it is a known FACT that 70-90% of all Blacks sold into slavery were sold by their own race as a result of inter-tribal wars in Africa. this myth of hundreds of sailing ships of white Euros marauding Africa's west coast for slaves is false. they didn't need to. they could get all the slaves they could take by simply trading for them with the tribes of Blacks in Africa for them.

So .. the only question is .... How much will the Black race pay themselves for slavery???

falsely accused white people want to know!!! Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=105...&postcount=238
The Slaves did get reparations. They were set free in the greatest nation on earth to map out their lives. Many of them by their own accord chose to go back to their native Africa. The ones that survived the journey found they would become slaves again. As a white man I was never a Slave owner. No Black man living today was ever a slave. To tell African Americans that they are worthy of reparations for slavery is actually reinforcing that they are victims. Smart Blacks find that notion to be insulting. Originally Posted by Levianon17

actually, they didn't. the ex-slaves never got their 40 acres and a mule all thanks to Southern Democrat/National Union president Andrew Johnson who vetoed the act.

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=105...&postcount=238 Originally Posted by I B Hankering

black muslims no less!!!!

its always puzzled me that the blacks converting to Islam thru the Nation of Islam. muslim slavers were the ones who put them here. guess they don't know the history.

there is a controversy in several schools on how the slave trade should be taught. one teacher was fired for doing a slave auction reenactment.

That's an interesting twist. I agree with ya.
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2019, 08:37 AM
To the OP - Your opening title line should be "Ancestors" , not "descendants".

Confusing. Respectfully - thank you for posting the topic.

This reparations BS is about assigning responsibility for past slavery to every white person in the US - and is Racist in itself.

After welfare, busing, entitlements, medicare, medicaid, etc, and etc, - how much reparations can the US make?
Really - it is about Plantation politics and controlling and keeping a DPST owned group in poverty and servitude to the DPST masters. The DPST assume they own the votes of blacks - and everything they can to keep the group on the DPST Dole to buy votes.
Why limit this to Obama and McConnell for reparations.

I heard yesterday where K. Harris's family were at a minimum slave holders if not actual slavers themselves.
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Got a reference EL?
I would like to read that.
  • grean
  • 07-11-2019, 11:37 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...veholders.html

both McConnell and Obama were descendants of slave owners.

sounds like the media is butt hurt about McConnell not in favor of reparations.

I find the reparations idea rather ironic because it had a different outcome with the british experience.

Britain outlawed slavery in 1833. slave-owners were compensated for their loss of slaves. the slaves were never compensated. the slaves got their freedom, but got screwed out of any reparations.

not the case in U.S.; the slaves got their freedom, but slave owners and slaves got screwed out of any compensation. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It was banned within the british empire by the Slave Trade Act of 1807. The 1833 law expanded the 1807 ban to include British territories as well.

Britain was promising freedom as early as 1776, the year isn't coincidental, to any American slave who would fight for the Crown.

I would imagine a different outcome here had slave owners chose not to secede. No, I'm not trying to inferring the civil war was fought over slavery, relax you hillbillies. I'm simply suggesting compensation may have been brought to the negotiating table in an effort to avoid war. Lincoln himself, said he'd allow slavery to remain intact if it would save the union. It likely was brought up.

Lincoln won the presidency without carrying a single southern state. The tarriffs being imposed on southern goods to make northerners more competitive also didn't help the issue. Those two issues had a bigger influence than slavery on the decision to secede.

Slaves absolutely got a raw deal. Many black folks today could use a little help. I'm not sure if reparations, in the form of cash, is the way to go, however.
Pretty much everyone alive in the US today is the descendent of either slaves, serfs or someone suckered into indentured servitude. The first slave owner in the colonies was a black man who challenged the end of the term of servitude on another black man, making him is slave.
Native Americans enslaved each other before the Spaniards arrived and then, many tribes also owned African slaves.
There were also many African slaves who bought their freedom only to become slave owners themselves.
Slavery was never about race.
Yes, let's have a FULL in depth discussion about slavery.
I'll await my check from the descendants of the Tzar.
Pretty much everyone alive in the US today is the descendent of either slaves, serfs or someone suckered into indentured servitude. The first slave owner in the colonies was a black man who challenged the end of the term of servitude on another black man, making him is slave.
Native Americans enslaved each other before the Spaniards arrived and then, many tribes also owned African slaves.
There were also many African slaves who bought their freedom only to become slave owners themselves.
Slavery was never about race.
Yes, let's have a FULL in depth discussion about slavery.
I'll await my check from the descendants of the Tzar. Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet
Well that's correct Slavery was never about race. If you were to go back in time you would find many Slaves were white. Most all of them were of Slavik descent thus the word "Slave" was coined. Africans and people of color entered into Slavery due to their ability to adapt to the intense heat of the American South.
Africans and people of color entered into Slavery due to their ability to adapt to the intense heat of the American South. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Brought by the Spanish because the indigenous people couldn't survive the harsh treatment by the same culture that brought us the Spanish Inquisition.
The first bill for reparations should be sent to Madrid.
In the 1990s, the Cherokee sought to remove the ' Freemen' from tribal inclusion due to blood lines. That, very recent, episode is racial.
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2019, 03:37 PM
The LSM is just trying to paint McConnell as a "slaving criminal" due to ancestors actions.

Guilt by ancestry. Guilt by historical "Racism"!

Obama gets a pass.

DPST media will say and do anything to throw dirt on conservatives.