Texas Beaches

As much as I love living in New Orleans and taking in the amazing views of the Mississippi River, I do miss being able to luxuriate all day along a secluded shoreline and dip my toes in a vast body of water. When I lived in New York, I took for granted how often I could just go to the beach. There were so many options, including beaches in the Outer Boroughs of New York City, as well as the north and south shores of Long Island.

I've been to Orange Beach, Alabama a few times as well as Pensacola. But recently some of the beaches in Texas have been piquing my interest. I've got my eyes set on Padre Island, or Rockport Beach near Corpus Christi. And I've heard that some parts of Galveston Island are lovely, while others aren't all that pristine. But I'm not super familiar with the various options. Folks who live in or are from Texas, what are some of your favorite Texas beach getaways?

Thanks,
~Lena
Indiana doesn't have no cool beaches like Texas..Indiana Beach Amusement Park....
If the beach has to be in Texas, South Padre Island is probably the best. Maybe Mustang Island. I haven't been to either one in 20 years though. They were not pristine then and I doubt that has changed for the better. Expect the occasional mass of tar or some other type of sludge. Used to be able to go across the border to Mexico to buy cheap shtuff (Corona mainly). Would advise against that these days. Don't go during Spring Break . . . . . . unless you want to party with 100,000+ shit-faced college kids.
Indiana doesn't have no cool beaches like Texas..Indiana Beach Amusement Park.... Originally Posted by Fancylady
I think all the college kids from the mid-west invade South Padre Island (or Florida or Mexico) over Spring Break
I was in Galveston island last sept and love it! Alltho I had been beach deprived lol. They also have pleasure pier with rides by the water
Thanks for the suggestions y'all. Any others are kindly welcomed!
SPI south is where I like to go.
If you got to Corpus the best (most pristine) is Malaquite Bbeach in Padre Island National Seashore. Just go to Padre Island take a right and keep on going until the road runs out.
Honestly, IMO you are better off going to Alabama or Destin.
Lena I think any beach you decide on is lucky to have you!!!

Thinking naughty thoughts!!!!
South Padre Island is the best beach in Texas.
http://www.sopadre.com/ take a look at this hope it helps ; )
If you got to Corpus the best (most pristine) is Malaquite Beach in Padre Island National Seashore. Just go to Padre Island take a right and keep on going until the road runs out. Originally Posted by zoomer02
South Padre Island is the best beach in Texas. Originally Posted by Big One
Thanks y'all for your input!

http://www.sopadre.com/ take a look at this hope it helps ; ) Originally Posted by down4fun
Oh, I checked out the link and South Padre Island sure does look enticing!
You're so sweet Richard. Thank you! And I have my naughty thoughts to hold me over..

Lena I think any beach you decide on is lucky to have you!!!

Thinking naughty thoughts!!!! Originally Posted by Richard Fitzwell
Don't forget Port Aransas! My favorite.