Remembering Pearl Harbor

Today marks the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor which brought the United States into World War II. The Pearl Harbor Survivors Association is disbanding after today's ceremonies at the USSS Arizona Memorial, as their membership has dropped from 28,000 to less than 2,000 due to age and death. Please take the time to remember them and their sacrifices at 11:55 a.m today CST. Thanks to all who served during that conflict and their families!
a big thanks & prayers to families involved!
I would venture a guess that if Jay Leno did one of those "Jaywalking" episodes and asked the question, 'what does "Pearl Harbor" mean to most Americans', the answer would be "gee dude, ain't that a Rock Band".

Think of what "the Greatest Generation" sacrificed so we could screw it all up 70 years later.

My Dad was part of that Generation. In 1945, He was stationed in the Phillipine Islands training for the invasion of Japan. Thank the Lord that President Truman had the courage to make the decision to end the war with the means we had at his disposal.
Had a aunt and uncle on pearl when it was bombed,they survived,but I don't think it was ever the same for them.
I was proud of my son for reminding me of this today. Usually we compare notes on early American History.

He's such a smart kid. Thanks to all our vets and current service men.
Today marks the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor which brought the United States into World War II. The Pearl Harbor Survivors Association is disbanding after today's ceremonies at the USSS Arizona Memorial, as their membership has dropped from 28,000 to less than 2,000 due to age and death. Please take the time to remember them and their sacrifices at 11:55 a.m today CST. Thanks to all who served during that conflict and their families! Originally Posted by topguntex

Yes. And let's not forget my ancestors and relatives who got put in the camps because the government could not distinguish the face of a LOYAL American versus that of the enemy.
It's amazing how young I feel when thinking about how long ago this was. Thanks for posting TGT!