Why no Terri Schiavo outrage from the right? Have you evolved on the issue? Or is it something else?

• WTF
  • 12-30-2013, 12:44 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...hi-mcmath?lite

Jahi underwent a tonsillectomy at the hospital on Dec. 9 to treat sleep apnea. After she awoke from the operation, her family said, she started bleeding heavily from her mouth and went into cardiac arrest.
Doctors at Children's Hospital and an independent pediatric neurologist from Stanford University have concluded the girl is brain dead.
The hospital wants to remove her from life support, but the family said they believe she is still alive.
They need the bed.
Code word -- Jahi...
As long as the family can pay the bill who gives a fuck?
If not, the Obamacare death panels can make the decision for the family.
Dr'S are hate panels ?????
  • Doove
  • 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM
As long as the family can pay the bill who gives a fuck?
If not, the Obamacare death panels can make the decision for the family. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Bad enough you obviously don't get WTF's point. Or maybe you just pretend not to. But then you follow that up by making an inane comment.

I think we call that a two-fer.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...hi-mcmath?lite

Jahi underwent a tonsillectomy at the hospital on Dec. 9 to treat sleep apnea. After she awoke from the operation, her family said, she started bleeding heavily from her mouth and went into cardiac arrest.
Doctors at Children's Hospital and an independent pediatric neurologist from Stanford University have concluded the girl is brain dead.
The hospital wants to remove her from life support, but the family said they believe she is still alive. Originally Posted by WTF
From what I am reading Terri Sciavo wasn't brain dead, and was able to participate in minimal amounts of physical therapy. I was just looking up the details on her.

Edit: here is the last video taken of her before the took the feeding tube out. Her eyes open and responding to people talking to her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fu...e_gdata_player

Its amazing that the courts ruled against the parents because she was responsive and seemingly partially aware.
  • WTF
  • 12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
From what I am reading Terri Sciavo wasn't brain dead, and was able to participate in minimal amounts of physical therapy. I was just looking up the details on her.

Edit: here is the last video taken of her before the took the feeding tube out. Her eyes open and responding to people talking to her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fu...e_gdata_player

Its amazing that the courts ruled against the parents because she was responsive and seemingly partially aware. Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7328639/ns.../#.UsIRlM-A2M8

No credible neurologist has come along who's examined her who's said she's not in a vegetative state. It's just what they want to see. And you can see how scary the tapes are that show her apparently interacting with her eyes open. But her eyes are open, but she's not even looking at her mother when you look at those tapes.

Dr. Ronald E. Cranford
Left: CT scan of a normal 25 year old; Right, Terri Schiavo's most recent scan
CRANFORD: Well it shows extremely severe atrophy. Where those black areas are, that should be white. That should be cerebral cortex, and so really there is no cerebral cortex left. It's just a shrinkage of the cerebral cortex. It's a thin band of white on the outside and any neurologist or any radiologist looking at those CT scans will tell you that her atrophy could not be more severe than it is. So even if she were mentally conscious, which she's not, she's irreversible. She's been like this for 15 years, Dan, and that CT scan shows the most extreme severe atrophy of the higher centers of the brain
I think somebody is playing the race card?
"I think."

Two most unbelievable words ever written by Simple Jack, the drooling dickhead from "Dixie Land!"
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7328639/ns.../#.UsIRlM-A2M8

No credible neurologist has come along who's examined her who's said she's not in a vegetative state. It's just what they want to see. And you can see how scary the tapes are that show her apparently interacting with her eyes open. But her eyes are open, but she's not even looking at her mother when you look at those tapes.

Dr. Ronald E. Cranford
Left: CT scan of a normal 25 year old; Right, Terri Schiavo's most recent scan
CRANFORD: Well it shows extremely severe atrophy. Where those black areas are, that should be white. That should be cerebral cortex, and so really there is no cerebral cortex left. It's just a shrinkage of the cerebral cortex. It's a thin band of white on the outside and any neurologist or any radiologist looking at those CT scans will tell you that her atrophy could not be more severe than it is. So even if she were mentally conscious, which she's not, she's irreversible. She's been like this for 15 years, Dan, and that CT scan shows the most extreme severe atrophy of the higher centers of the brain Originally Posted by WTF
Well I didn't know who she was till mentioned here. I just googled and came up with the info, and they had a number of youtube videos that sure seem like she was responsive. Anyway, the point I was making is that Terris case is a little different since she was not declared brain dead. Whereas this other little girl is flat out brain dead.
Anybody want to waste their time educating WTF on what the real issue was with Terry Shiavo? Its a real simple legal issue. COG? TTH?
"I think."

Two most unbelievable words ever written by Simple Jack, the drooling dickhead from "Dixie Land!" Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Assy Fucke and his faithful side kick, Ekim... taking a slow-ride.

Anybody want to waste their time educating WTF on what the real issue was with Terry Shiavo? Its a real simple legal issue. COG? TTH? Originally Posted by gnadfly
why don't you do it Gonad. if it's that simple, even you should be able to explain it.
Terri Sciavo was not on a ventilator, they were simply going to deny her food an water until she succumbed.

This girl is brain dead, the lights are off. When they remove the ventilator, her heart will stop within minutes, and the rest of her body will die.

That is the difference.