PLANE CFRASH

PLANE CRASH !

AN OLD FARMER TOOK CARE OF THINGS HIS WAY !
Air Force One crashed in the middle of rural America . Panic stricken, the local sheriff mobilized and descended on the farm in force. When they got there, the disaster was clear. The aircraft was totally destroyed with only a burned hulk left smoldering in a tree line that bordered a farm. The sheriff and his men entered the smoking mess but could find no remains of anyone, including the President.

They spotted a lone farmer plowing a field not too far away as if nothing at all happened. They hurried over to the man's tractor.

"Hank," the sheriff yelled, panting and out of breath. "Did you see this terrible accident happen?"

"Yep. Sure did." the farmer mumbled unconcernedly, cutting off the tractor's engine.

"Do you realize that is the airplane of the President of the United States ?"

"Yep."

"Were there any survivors?"

"Nope. They's all kilt straight out," the farmer answered. "I done buried them all myself. Took me most of the morning..."

"President Obama is dead?" the sheriff shouted.

"Well," the farmer grumbled, restarting his tractor. "He kept a-saying he wasn't...

But you know how bad that sumbitch lies."
pretty poor taste in my opinion.
esp about a sitting president, regardless of the pres' political party.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
R U SURE 'bout that?

joke
   [johk] noun, verb,joked, jok·ing.
–noun 1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

4. something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.

5. practical joke.
i dont care if it's a joke or not, i still think "joking" about killing someone who's injured is in poor taste. it's not an obama things, it's a human decency thing to me.

oh, and btw, i'm the master of the dictionary.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
.... oh, and btw, i'm the master of the dictionary. Originally Posted by pmdelites
.... without a sense of humor....
Not funny to me, either.
Pretty damn funny. And that SOB is a damn liar.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
The fact that the POTUS is a liar isn't very funny.... but I have to live with it..... so I think we will all be able to live with a few jokes too.

Giz
Not funny to me, either. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Actually, joke is not new but recycled old one. In original joke, was not plane crash, but car crash in which a number of black people were injured. When Sheriff arrive , farmer had just finished burying last victim. That punchline went," But you know how ni$$errs lie." some may find refreshing that racist humor can now be transparently concealed as political commentary. If ignorance were illegal, humble Chinese detective would now be issuing tickets.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-22-2010, 07:48 AM
There have been many versions of that joke through the years.... with various famous individuals inserted into the punchline. I have never heard the version that Mr. Chan purports to be the "original". I find it offensive to have racial implications inserted where none were intended in the first place!

If ignorance was bliss.... this would be a much happier country!

Giz
There have been many versions of that joke through the years.... with various famous individuals inserted into the punchline. I have never heard the version that Mr. Chan purports to be the "original". I find it offensive to have racial implications inserted where none was intended in the first place!

If ignorance was bliss.... this would be a much happier country!

Giz Originally Posted by MrGiz

Offense duly noted. Perhaps ignorant Oriental fail to see high minded objective in humorous anecdote. Would suggest that political/racial joke often slippery slope at bottom of which is minefield. Offense is given,offense is taken. Such is it's nature. Would appear all have money's worth.
Following link will lead to verson of joke in question. Heading:Black Jokes. Must warn, however that quite impressive page of additional racist jokes must be waded through before passage in question. Google search take 20 seconds but computer slow this morning. Second link have same joke but preceded by section dedicated to Gook jokes Mr. Chan find most amusing. Will find humorous story in section just above depiction of "Federal Ni$$er Hunting License" Suspect website may have racist overtones, but may be excessively critical this morning.

http://www.polymath-systems.com/misc/jokes/black.html

http://www.resist.com/jokes.htm

Would be most interested in hearing many alternate versions.
Would suggest country pretty happy as it is.
Would anyone like to take the time to talk about the teachers union in NJ that jokes about the death of their newly elected governor? I don't see the left condeming the teachers union for "jokes." Or how about an actual movie published that that "joked" about the assassination of the last president. I heard a lot of laughs coming from the left, but never a condemnation.
Would anyone like to take the time to talk about the teachers union in NJ that jokes about the death of their newly elected governor? I don't see the left condeming the teachers union for "jokes." Or how about an actual movie published that that "joked" about the assassination of the last president. I heard a lot of laughs coming from the left, but never a condemnation. Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler

Mr.Chan would hope that good taste and decency have neither right nor left, and no politics.Two wrongs do not add up to right, unless very poor mathematician.
Mr.Chan would hope that good taste and decency have neither right nor left, and no politics.Two wrongs do not add up to right, unless very poor mathematician. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
I tend to agree and although I'm not a buddhist, I do believe in karma.

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech,
but knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

What makes the fool? Condemning a person for an action or condeming the action by all.
Two wrongs do not add up to right, unless very poor mathematician.
Yes, I agree but two (w)rights can make an airplane.