Sleep!

I'm sure all have had issues with sleep at some point. I go threw periods of great sleep and restless sleep. My sleep hygiene is not the greatest and could be improved with no social media and TV before bed.

So about 4 years ago I had my first bout with sleep issues, not being able to go to sleep and being in a fog.

I tried some of the sleeping aids but none worked and I did not like to have to take drugs to sleep. I eventually worked it out as meds did not work.

I will have a week or so where I can fall asleep regularly but wake up in the middle of the night with restless sleep. Then a month or two with great sleep but the restless periods still come back. I know a lot of providers are up late and some have sleep issues.

What works for you to get the priceless sleep? Funny things is sleep is one of the most valuable thing that money can't buy.

IB
I use valerian root and melatonin to help me sleep.
Also cutting down on caffeine especially in the evening helps.
I usually work out 4-5 days a week. I found out that on the days that I don't, I can't sleep at all. So I started jogging every day and medium to heavy workout 3-4 times a week. Getting myself warmed up and loose has helped me sleep a lot better I think.
If I were able to, I could sleep 23 out of the 24 hours every day. Unfortunately there's that whole life & work thing we gotta do.
If I were able to, I could sleep 23 out of the 24 hours every day. Unfortunately there's that whole life & work thing we gotta do. Originally Posted by Little Monster
Your still young, just wait till your 50

IB
I use valerian root and melatonin to help me sleep.
Also cutting down on caffeine especially in the evening helps. Originally Posted by Tatonka
I have tried valerian and will try it again, it helps calm the mind. I work out 5-6 days a week and falling asleep is not an issue, it's the waking up in the middle of the night with a boner I will say mostly to pee but then I can't go back to sleep.

IB
I take an Aleve pm every nite at 10pm then get up when it wears off at 4 and take another..it works for a good sleep till at least 9am
Sleep hygiene- turn off electronics one to two hours before bed. Black out curtains. Set the perfect temperature for yourself. Don't do anything in your room but sleep and have sex. No tv in the bedroom. Try no naps in the day over 15 minutes. Walk in the morning or evening depending on how exercise makes you feel afterwards.

I've tried different types of melatonin. I like the 5mg quick disdolve. That's my sweet spot. Getting a little sun will help reset your clock.

If you are stressed do some self soothing things for yourself. Maybe get a massage once or twice a month, if you can afford it.

Just some thoughts.
The black out curtains and not using your bedroom for anything other than sleep (this is proven) are great suggestions. Also, stop liquids a few hours before bed and don't work out before bed. I use fast dissolving melatonin, put on a lavender face wrap, and spray my pillow with lavender when I need and it's great
Venus, Couldn't help but notice that your post was at 12:52 AM; trouble sleeping?
Read up on sleep apnea. It messes up a lot more than just your sleep if you have it.

There are some online sites that will help you figure out if it might be your problems.
I fornicate like a wild animal, raise a toast of fine scotch to the ancient Sumerian gods and sleep the deep and blessed carefree sleep of the Daughter of Liberty that I am.
I take an Aleve pm every nite at 10pm then get up when it wears off at 4 and take another..it works for a good sleep till at least 9am Originally Posted by DallasRain

Seriously look up the well documented dangers of taking Aleve on a regular basis.

I sadly had a friend pass away due to complications from a ruptured intestine caused by taking Aleve daily for pain. Her intestinal surgery spot reopened and the second surgery didn't go well which her doctors had feared.

They had told her that this serious consequence of taking Aleve daily was quite common.

Melatonin works but gives me nightmares so I had to toss it.
Read up on sleep apnea. It messes up a lot more than just your sleep if you have it.

There are some online sites that will help you figure out if it might be your problems. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Get a good physical from your doctor and ask to be evaluated for sleep apnea.

I was diagnosed in 2001 and have been using a CPAP machine ever since. Lots of people can benefit from this technology and leave the pills and other home made remedies behind.

My CPAP and a good night's sleep have totally changed my life in a very positive manner. I will NOT be without my CPAP and I sleep six hours solid most nights.