Another Obama Lie

This guy can't help it. He opens his mouth, and out pops lies.

President Barack Obama said on Thursday that “we got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system."

According to the Congressional Budget Office, however, the government will lose about $24 billion on the bailout.

“We got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system, but we also passed a historic law to end taxpayer-funded Wall Street bailouts for good,” Obama said in Miami Thursday.

The Congressional Budget Office--based on figures from Obama’s own Office of Management and Budget---gives a different assessment.

“The cost to the federal government of the TARP’s transactions (also referred to as the subsidy cost), including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, will amount to $24 billion,” said the CBO report, which was released on the same day Obama spoke.

TARP is the Troubled Asset Relief Program – the formal name of the government’s financial bailout program passed in October 2008.

CBO said that the cost of TARP “stems largely from assistance to American International Group (AIG), aid to the automotive industry, and grant programs aimed at avoiding home mortgage foreclosures,” noting that the losses will be so large they will eclipse the financial gains the government will realize from bailing out other large financial institutions.

In fact, CBO reported that as of now $65 billion in TARP funds remain outstanding.

Did you get that? On the SAME DAY the CBO says we will lose $24 billion, Obama says we got "every dime back."

This guy can't tell the truth even if he wanted to, which he doesn't.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obam...ose-24-billion
I can understand why the libtards don't want to defend this.
Setting aside the fact that the bailout avoided a world-wide financial meltdown, and when looking at it through that prism, was worth every penny it cost, as in all things economic, it depends on how you do the calculation.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...is-paying-off/

Now, we'll wait for you to post up about the lies that Romney and Ryan are telling the American people. Keep missing those posts, Mr. so-called Libertarian. You'll have plenty of opportunities after Romney's mouth starts moving tonight.
So you're ok with Obama lying. Anyone else?
Fisrt, My company never got a dime for a bailout. If I do bad then I suffer along with my employees.
I have to cut costs, layoff people that have mouths to feed and stop the company credit cards on "trips"

If a company ran itself into the ground because the Unions want more then close the doors, reopen as another name and get rid of the dead weight.

Toyota had one of the largest recalls in history at the same time GM was fucking up. The media was all over it because of a floor matt that was never the right one to begin with and their stock at that time went up $43.00.

Obama will say anything to make himself look good because his leg humpers will ignore anything after he says it. Want to confuse a liberal? Give them facts.
Setting aside the fact that the bailout avoided a world-wide financial meltdown, and when looking at it through that prism, was worth every penny it cost, as in all things economic, it depends on how you do the calculation.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...is-paying-off/

Now, we'll wait for you to post up about the lies that Romney and Ryan are telling the American people. Keep missing those posts, Mr. so-called Libertarian. You'll have plenty of opportunities after Romney's mouth starts moving tonight. Originally Posted by timpage
Both may lie but one right now is our President.
Lets not devert the fact that your boy is a liar.
Make another thread about anything you want.
So you're ok with Obama lying. Anyone else? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You didn't read the article. Tsk tsk.

I'm OK with Obama manipulating the numbers on the bailout the same way your OK with Romney and Ryan lying. Where are your posts about the lies they are telling? After all, you're not a Republican. Right? But, you're OK with Republicans lying?

How about some equal opportunity criticism Mr. Middle-Of-The-Road shitforbrains?
Let me get this straight...you're calling the President a liar?
Yes, Assup. That is exactly what I'm calling him. A pathological liar. You are correct.
Make another thread about anything you want. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
It's "divert" and I'll respond to the post any way I like, thank you very much.

Love your logic, by the way. It's OK for Romney to lie because he isn't President yet, he just wants to be? Brilliant.
Since they both lie, why vote for either one? You're the one comfortable with lies.
Since they both lie, why vote for either one? You're the one comfortable with lies. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Since they both lie, why don't you post up about both of them lying? You're not lying about not being a Republican, are you?

Tell the truth...for once. It is ever so much more fun to attack, rather than defend, an incumbent President's inevitable fuck-ups and you want to preserve your right to do that....no matter which way it goes next month....right?
  • CJ7
  • 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM
he tried to cover for a republican president and the rightwingers stone him
I'll vote for Gary Johnson if he gives up his idiotic tax plans.
Actually they are not idiot but I just make too much money with the current system.
  • WTF
  • 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Make another thread about anything you want. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
LOL,

Vote my liar in office!

I want my liar to be President!

Tryingtostickyour6inourass is wtf you are trying to do.