Former Aide on Obama: 'Stunning that He’s in Politics, Because He Really Doesn’t Like People'

Interesting article. I know she now says she was taken out context. I wonder who got to her? But this is what she said.

Neera Tanden, a former aide to both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, had this to say about the relationship of the two presidents:

Clinton, being Clinton, had plenty of advice in mind and was desperate to impart it. But for the first two years of Obama’s term, the phone calls Clinton kept expecting rarely came. “People say the reason Obama wouldn’t call Clinton is because he doesn’t like him,” observes Tanden. “The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people. My analogy is that it’s like becoming Bill Gates without liking computers.”

It's a revealing statement from Tanden, who "served as senior advisor for health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services, advising Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and working on President Barack Obama’s health reform team in the White House to pass the bill," according to her bio at the Center for American Progress. She is currently president and CEO of the liberal organization.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...le_654636.html
I think WE is right COG. You are an official Obama hater.

You start more Anti-Obama threads than Marshall.

SMH
Well Mitt Romney likes to hand out pink slips he likes firing people- Mitt's own words. And I call that article bullshit for a couple reason(s). Obama was heavily involved at Harvard and how does one become a community organizer and not like people??? HELLO to be a community organizer you have to work with people- talk to people- go out and meet with people
If Obama doesn't like people- he should have been an actor because most Americans view him as being personable and likable- compare Obama's demeanor to someone like Dick Cheney who is almost always serious and was given the name "Darth Vader" for obvious reasons.
I don't hate Obama, or anyone else for that matter. That I seriously disagree with his policies, and his habit of lying continually is no secret. But I don't hate him. The only ill I wish him is to be defeated in November. And then, of course, be tried for war crimes. Along with Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
I think WE is right COG. You are an official Obama hater.

You start more Anti-Obama threads than Marshall.

SMH Originally Posted by markroxny
Markroxny remember COG claims he doesn't like either but everyday he post some anti-Obama bullshit. Also, Whirlway says he's not really a Republican and admits he didn't vote for McCain in 2008- but all his post are anti-Obama. There use to be a guy on here who was a huge supporter of Ron Paul-his name was Captain something can't recall but I had all the respect for him because he would equally say what he didn't like about Obama and what he didn't like about Republicans- and he was very respectful with how he argued his points and you could tell he was a true supporter of Ron Paul.
However, both WhirlWay and COG supposedly are supporters of Gary Johnson, but rarely do they post any threads defending Johnson and trust me there's a big difference between Johnson and Romney on political views.

However, when COG post so much anti-Obama crap it makes me believe that Obama must be something right- I was told that when you have haters you have to be doing something right.
If you have a problem with lying, you should have 50 threads on Mitwit and Private Ryan.

No, you're thing with Obama is clearly deeper.
Yeah. It goes deeper. Even though I didn't support Obama in 2008, I was very hopeful when he was elected. I actually thought he might be different. He promised to end the wars (Lie). On his first day he signed an executive order demanding transparency in government (Not followed - Lie). He promised to close Gitmo (Lie). He promised bipartisan health care reform (Lie). He promised to restore the rule of law (Lie). He supported, no he DEMANDED that the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA be included. He also re-signed the Patriot Act. He also called Bush unpatriotic for letting the deficit go out of control, and promised to cut the deficit in half (Lie). He promised to put bills on the internet for 5 days so the people could review them before he signed them (Lie). I could go on.

So many good things he promised. There was a lot of hope for real change. I thought maybe this guy is the one we've been hoping for. But he is just a liar, like all the rest. A phony, narcissistic liar. Instead of promoting the rule of law, he has tried to run government as a rule unto himself. He is an autocrat. A totalitarian autocrat, beholding only to the wealthy interests that have owned the country for over a hundred years.

I DO NOT want him re-elected. No doubt about that.

In one respect, Romney is more honest than Obama. Romney isn't pretending to be anything other than a rich guy, who is there to help out his rich friends. Obama had convinced me he was different. It was a lie. And I won't reward that with a second term if I can help it. He's just there for his rich friends. And while he is funneling money to his rich friends, he'll hand out some free phones and extra unemployment to buy votes. He a charlatan, and a huckster.
  • CJ7
  • 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM
COF is playing the smear factor with the "lie" tactic ...

it worked for Rove and Bush because the swiftboater smear was a new twist, but pounding the mantra politicians LIE into the ground is sorta like telling everyone Whataburger sells hamburgers ... but dont tell COF, he actually beleves hes doing some serious damage to Obies camaign
But COG thinks that Romney doesn't lie. I got news for all of you partisan supporters - all politicians lie. If they were honest, they wouldn't win elections. It is unfortunate that the voters like to be lied to and vote based on what lies are more believable.
No, I don't think I am doing damage to Obama's campaign on this board. It's just fun to watch you people react. Notice the Obama lies I post are rarely, if ever, refuted with facts disputing them, you simply attack me. That's funny, and confirms his lies. It also confirms your blind loyalty to a man who has done nothing to deserve it.

You could admit he lied, and still support him. You can admit he's not perfect and still support him. But you won't. You insist he is Jesus, and Romney is Satan, which simply proves that you are Obamazombies. Obamatic Obamazombies. You are funny. A little scary, but overall, funny.
COF is playing the smear factor with the "lie" tactic ...

it worked for Rove and Bush because the swiftboater smear was a new twist, but pounding the mantra politicians LIE into the ground is sorta like telling everyone Whataburger sells hamburgers ... but dont tell COF, he actually beleves hes doing some serious damage to Obies camaign Originally Posted by CJ7
Don't worry your little head, CBJ7. Odumbo's Libyan lies are damaging his campaign.
But COG thinks that Romney doesn't lie. I got news for all of you partisan supporters - all politicians lie. If they were honest, they wouldn't win elections. It is unfortunate that the voters like to be lied to and vote based on what lies are more believable. Originally Posted by icuminpeace
Where did you get the idea that I ever believed that Romney doesn't lie? Of course he lies. He's not the President, so his lies don't have the effect, or do the damage that Obama's lies do.

Romney's lies will become more apparent after he's elected (if he's elected, I still think Obama will win) and he doesn't keep his promises. Like Obama didn't.

I stated in another thread, it's not so much Romney's lies that bother me, it's when he's telling the truth about what he believes.
  • CJ7
  • 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM
No, I don't think I am doing damage to Obama's campaign on this board. It's just fun to watch you people react. Notice the Obama lies I post are rarely, if ever, refuted with facts disputing them, you simply attack me. That's funny, and confirms his lies. It also confirms your blind loyalty to a man who has done nothing to deserve it.

You could admit he lied, and still support him. You can admit he's not perfect and still support him. But you won't. You insist he is Jesus, and Romney is Satan, which simply proves that you are Obamazombies. Obamatic Obamazombies. You are funny. A little scary, but overall, funny. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
one word ... GERITOL

take a double shot and try to remember I wont be voting for Obama
You've never posted one thing against Obama, CBJ7. I think you are lying.

I have started several threads praising Obama, most recently on the DREAM Act. But you are even more one sided than me.
  • CJ7
  • 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM
You've never posted one thing against Obama, CBJ7. I think you are lying.

I have started several threads praising Obama, most recently on the DREAM Act. But you are even more one sided than me. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
theres where youre wrong .. Ive stated on more than SEVERAL threads how I think hes a POS for not addressing the economy and BOTH wars before he made healthcare his personal agenda and primary objective.

so I suggest you go ahead and follow through with the Geritol and work on your memory