Terms of Endearment

Anyone ever noticed that in any communication with a provider, you are always referred to as "sweetie" or "hun"?

I feel like I'm on an episode of Designing Women! And slightly afraid I'm going to show up and Paula Deen is waiting for me....
Anyone ever noticed that in any communication with a provider, you are always referred to as "sweetie" or "hun"?

I feel like I'm on an episode of Designing Women! And slightly afraid I'm going to show up and Paula Deen is waiting for me.... Originally Posted by Vildara
Which is why I always get the name first
Ex : hey you! Thanks for reaching out! What's ur name?

Cool! Nice to meet you John doe......or so John doe how much time blah blah
I generally have a tendency to use the word darlin' in posts, PMs and threads, but I really don't use it in speech. Guess it's just a way of identifying the person without continually using her pseudonym.
Which is why I always get the name first
Ex : hey you! Thanks for reaching out! What's ur name?

Cool! Nice to meet you John doe......or so John doe how much time blah blah Originally Posted by MissGeisha
Hey Miss Geisha! How you doin', darlin'??
Guilty as charged....
I am a southern girl who says those terms quite frequently....it is in my inner breeding sugar! lol
I get that on the phone in customer service all the time. I'm not your babe, your sweety or your honey. I'm your perfect stranger; Sir or Bryan would work best.

I also get people calling me ma'am all the time which drives me nuts. I don't have a feminine voice and my name is BRYAN. One person did it for over five minutes even after I corrected him twice. I finally started calling him ma'am but he never caught onto my sarcasm. The monitors listening to the call later told me how hard that had them laughing.
Me to.. Im from the south and that's just how it is down here hun...lol
Guilty as charged....
I am a southern girl who says those terms quite frequently....it is in my inner breeding sugar! lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
Anyone ever noticed that in any communication with a provider, you are always referred to as "sweetie" or "hun"? Originally Posted by Vildara
But wouldn't you prefer that, as part of her presenting gfe, instead of her calling you by some other guy's name, if she happened to have a momentary lapse?
One of my favs has had name changes, so we both use terms of endearment. I do as I'd prefer to avoid a momentary lapse on my part, if I were to become seriously distracted, which is why we're bcd in the first place. Regardless, it's still a date. I've always found that the gals like it. And I do as well.
I generally have a tendency to use the word darlin' in posts, PMs and threads, but I really don't use it in speech. Guess it's just a way of identifying the person without continually using her pseudonym.Hey Miss Geisha! How you doin', darlin'?? Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs

Hey Mr wizard... I like the way u stick that tongue out ahhhhh (cracking up)!!!
Going back to the discussion at hand...with my background handling the public.. . You just never know how one may take "hun, darling, babe or sweetie" so IMO one should rather avoid the position all together until.. Maybe even ask if it's OK to call you xyz #shrugs

Now.... Don't get me wrong... If I'm in a position to be firm and or get my point across.... Then I would say "sweetie or darling" blah blah blah.... in my mother's voice haha! More of the I'm about to put my foot down approach
Being from Texas, the terms......darlin' and doll are the two words I use the most.
Guilty as charged....
I am a southern girl who says those terms quite frequently....it is in my inner breeding sugar! lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
GUILTY also! Not a southern girl though, just a too friendly one I guess.
You hit the nail on the head, Right above world hunger, terrorism, and high taxes, when some pretty lady who is going to fuck me calls me sweetie, it just really pisses me off!!
Tallulah Bankhead was the daughter of a southern, democrat senator and she fucked anything that could fuck in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, and I assume, the 60s. She was not afraid to put it out there for men or women. She bragged about fucking Butterfly McQueen and Marlene Dietrich. Weaing underwear was not her style nor was shaving:

She called everyone "darling" because as she said, "she can't remember their fucking names."
I'm guilty, too, although I usually say babe or baby! Not only does it make me feel more intimate toward my date right from the start, but I would just die of embarrassment if I called someone the wrong name! Also, there are gents out there who use just their screen name when initially contacting me, thus giving me no other option but to address them with a term of endearment in the beginning of our communications.

Hey, at least you know when I'm using those terms we are in good standing with each other!
I don't mind the use of overly-familiar terms in this instance. I find it hard to reciprocate however. It's just not my style.