The show GRIMM had it right

Been watching Grimm this last week and I finally got to season 5 and the Wessen uprising. Tell me if this sounds familiar; it starts in Portland Oregon. Civil unrest, riots in the street, property damage, the police seem powerless, and they all wear black clothes and black masks. One character even says that throughout history Wessen are responsible for most civil unrest. Someone was tipping us off four years ago.

Portland was a beautiful town back in the old days. Mass transit, clean, easy to commute and you only had to worry about the occasional blood thirsty attack by a Bludboden or Hexumbeast. Now it just gone to hell in a handbasket.
Maybe a little familiar. As a historian, does this sound a little familiar? Maybe more than a little familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDRT5sv69Q

Someone tipped us off . . .

eighty years ago.
I would say that as a history major of 20th century Europe that Biden comes off as something closer to Hitler than Trump. Prior to Hitler, there was lawlessness rampant across Germany. The Friekorps would move from town to town taking over the government. People would be robbed, maidens deflowered, and general mayhem was the result. The people turned to someone who said that they would cause it to stop. Now Biden is not a dynamic personality like Hitler but his campaign promised the same result. The violence would end if Hitler was elected. Hitler did make a lot of vague promises about doing something for the children of Germany. Now if you're trying to say that Trump is like Hitler, I'll remind you that the situation facing this country happened AFTER Trump was elected and it was caused by the left. Does this mean that you're accepting that Hitler was left wing?
It's a t.v. show. You're a cartoon character..
Plus you being a trumpy, your take on anything is warped, distorted, and of course, worthless.

I would say that as a history major of 20th century Europe that Biden comes off as something closer to Hitler than Trump. Prior to Hitler, there was lawlessness rampant across Germany. The Friekorps would move from town to town taking over the government. People would be robbed, maidens deflowered, and general mayhem was the result. The people turned to someone who said that they would cause it to stop. Now Biden is not a dynamic personality like Hitler but his campaign promised the same result. The violence would end if Hitler was elected. Hitler did make a lot of vague promises about doing something for the children of Germany. Now if you're trying to say that Trump is like Hitler, I'll remind you that the situation facing this country happened AFTER Trump was elected and it was caused by the left. Does this mean that you're accepting that Hitler was left wing? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You should be watching Idiocracy, JDrunk. That’s a movie that really shows the direction Trumps America is leading us. And you, sir, are a leading proponent of that scenario.

Professor.

I would say that as a history major of 20th century Europe that Biden comes off as something closer to Hitler than Trump. Prior to Hitler, there was lawlessness rampant across Germany. The Friekorps would move from town to town taking over the government. People would be robbed, maidens deflowered, and general mayhem was the result. The people turned to someone who said that they would cause it to stop. Now Biden is not a dynamic personality like Hitler but his campaign promised the same result. The violence would end if Hitler was elected. Hitler did make a lot of vague promises about doing something for the children of Germany. Now if you're trying to say that Trump is like Hitler, I'll remind you that the situation facing this country happened AFTER Trump was elected and it was caused by the left. Does this mean that you're accepting that Hitler was left wing? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

lol!

barley, barley, trying to convince a bunch of lefties that Hitler was left wing tool is a lost cause. it is a matter of perception that drives how anyone seems them. He ain't no centrist tho.
Considering how far left they have gone, Hitler does look like a right winger to them but I warn them about the political circle; go left too much and you have become the tyrannical right and you're just about there. Listen to your political heroes right now; re educations camps, jail people for thought, cancel culture, no job for those who don't toe the line, you guys are the very people that you attack for being dictators.

As for Grimm, Lord of the Flies and 1984 are just novels...right. People quote them all of the time because they hit on something timely and important even if they are fiction. Grimm hit on something and I'm sure that some of the assholes on here are Wesen, maybe the sheep ones who travel in an ideological flock or the serpents who appear to be something else other then what they are...until they attack you. Munchmaster is probably vogueing right now into a horses ass.
Said it before 1984 is the playbook
The Grimm just keeps on giving. A Wesen just won a rigged election to become the mayor of Portland. After playing dirty tricks he is talking about unity while they plan to put Wesen in charge of everything.

To really get into the weeds, they ran another candidate whom they disposed of in order to put in their man who really takes order from a group of people. So we have a Trojan horse candidate. Strange but true?
The Grimm just keeps on giving. A Wesen just won a rigged election to become the mayor of Portland. After playing dirty tricks he is talking about unity while they plan to put Wesen in charge of everything.

To really get into the weeds, they ran another candidate whom they disposed of in order to put in their man who really takes order from a group of people. So we have a Trojan horse candidate. Strange but true? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Grimm? Are you talking about the guy who wrote the Grimm's fairy tales?
Not exactly...in the show Nick Burkhardt is a Portland detective. His aunt comes to visit. She is dying from cancer but she has traveled the world and raised Nick after his parents were killed in a car accident. Turns out his aunt was a Grimm. That is the name given to the enforcers for a mysterious royal family that goes back generations. Now that Aunt Marie is dying, Nick is inheriting her abilities. These special people are known as Grimms. The Grimms brothers were indeed Grimms and their tales were the sanitized version of their adventures which usually ended up with Wesen having their heads chopped off. Likely purely fiction but the creators of the show have bordered on the prophetic. Of course, one creator is from Kansas City.
Not exactly...in the show Nick Burkhardt is a Portland detective. His aunt comes to visit. She is dying from cancer but she has traveled the world and raised Nick after his parents were killed in a car accident. Turns out his aunt was a Grimm. That is the name given to the enforcers for a mysterious royal family that goes back generations. Now that Aunt Marie is dying, Nick is inheriting her abilities. These special people are known as Grimms. The Grimms brothers were indeed Grimms and their tales were the sanitized version of their adventures which usually ended up with Wesen having their heads chopped off. Likely purely fiction but the creators of the show have bordered on the prophetic. Of course, one creator is from Kansas City. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
And, of course. complete and total fiction. Not reality.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, though!
First the funny. You should stop with the "so you're saying" shit. Get your head checked. Or your ears. You are hearing things. Damn! You can't stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99G6O721gA

Next - it happened as a reaction to the previous president. Some perceived Obama to be so far left, we got a crazy far-right nationalist idiot as an outcry. You're pretty fuckin' dumb sailor. Hence the Idiocracy graphic making fun of you.

I really don't think you're THAT dumb. Judging from your writing, and knowledge of history, you know a lot. But your interpretations make you a nitwit. Sir.