The House Loonies want to shut down the gov over Obamacare

Looks like Whirlytard is going to get his wish. Or, at least get to see his favorite knuckleheaded republican assclowns try to get rid of the healthcare act by defunding it. Never mind that it stands zero chance of happening because the Dems will block it and Obama would veto it. Too bad. If the Democrats played the game the same way the hyper-partisan asshats in the House did, they'd let them shut the government down over the issue. The damage to the GOP brand would probably give the house back to the Democrats.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...-obamacare.php

Note Boehner's enthusiasm in the article.

And, here's what the Republicans still capable of using their brain stems have to say about the idea:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...ge-taking-over
  • CJ7
  • 07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Looks like Whirlytard is going to get his wish. Or, at least get to see his favorite knuckleheaded republican assclowns try to get rid of the healthcare act by defunding it. Never mind that it stands zero chance of happening because the Dems will block it and Obama would veto it. Too bad. If the Democrats played the game the same way the hyper-partisan asshats in the House did, they'd let them shut the government down over the issue. The damage to the GOP brand would probably give the house back to the Democrats.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...-obamacare.php

Note Boehner's enthusiasm in the article.

And, here's what the Republicans still capable of using their brain stems have to say about the idea:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...ge-taking-over Originally Posted by timpage

wont happen ... what can or will the House attach defunding to?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/boeh...own-government
I am all in favor of shutting down the government. The sooner the better.
Maybe when we start it up again we can go back to the Constitution as the basis for what they do.
Repeal asx many of the laws, acts, bills, whatever you want to call them and start over.
I would willingly give up my disability check, my medicare, my food stamps if we could just get back to what tyhis government was intended to be, small and unobtrusive.
  • WTF
  • 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
I would willingly give up my disability check, my medicare, my food stamps if we could just get back to what tyhis government was intended to be, small and unobtrusive. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Give it up regardless, kinda like you Tea Nuts scream for Warren Buffet to do!
[QUOTE=WTF;1053481009]..., kinda like you Tea Nuts .... QUOTE]

Do you enjoy that Tea Bagging you do all the time? Does it work out for you?
Well considering the Constitution gives the house the power of the purse any law should respect their sensibilites. We have had some stupid laws passed but the house did not defend them or repeal them immediately. This "law" was forced upon the people like a rape, passed through that congress with corruption and false promises. Many democrats and republicans are now seeing the handwriting on the wall. It was a very bad law, it is a corrupt law, and it will not work as promised. I see that some here would have it enforced anyway. They have all the sense of allowing an alligator to finish it's lunch when it is chewing on your foot.
A horrible law that purposely has many tentacles designed to dig in and entrench themselves making it more and more difficult to extract.
If this law is so great then why is the White House delaying some of it for a year? If this law is so great then why are unions opposing it now?
  • Old-T
  • 07-25-2013, 08:30 AM
It is not a good law. I don't even know if it was better or worse than the pre-law situation. But what the RWWs and LWWs both refuse to admit is that years--no, decades--of partisan stupidity prevented much ANY reasoned compromise to a number of exceedingly difficult issues.

The pre-Obama care situation had let medical care drift so absurdly towards the insurance cos, lawyers, and corporate greed hospitals that both patients and medical providers were screaming for changes that weren't happening. Instead of a controlled pace of reasoned fixes the pressure built up until we had an explosion and ill thought out change.

OC needs some serious changes, but going back to the situation of a bipolar Haves and Have Nots for health care is not the right answer. Sadly in today's political world it seems neither party wants to fix it, they only want to use health care as another vote-getting chip.
  • WTF
  • 07-25-2013, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=LexusLover;1053481113]
..., kinda like you Tea Nuts .... QUOTE]

Do you enjoy that Tea Bagging you do all the time? Does it work out for you? Originally Posted by WTF
are you propositioning me?
If this law is so great then why is the White House delaying some of it for a year? If this law is so great then why are unions opposing it now? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I guess that's a great argument.

If its the end of the world as we know it, then why are you still talking about other guys JUNK?
The GOP leadership won't let this come up for a vote; they should, but they won't......................

Newest polls show public disdain for Obamacare is increasing !

Cruz again is on the right side of this issue ( at 3:05):

• CJ7
  • 07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
with healthcare being a top concern amongst voters, Cruz et al can say adios to their short lived political career
Well considering the Constitution gives the house the power of the purse any law should respect their sensibilites. We have had some stupid laws passed but the house did not defend them or repeal them immediately. This "law" was forced upon the people like a rape, passed through that congress with corruption and false promises. Many democrats and republicans are now seeing the handwriting on the wall. It was a very bad law, it is a corrupt law, and it will not work as promised. I see that some here would have it enforced anyway. They have all the sense of allowing an alligator to finish it's lunch when it is chewing on your foot. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So every law that gets passed that a current house of representatives disagrees with ideologically can be rendered moot by just defunding it? You think that's what the framers intended? That's the way our government is supposed to work? Obama said from the very beginning of his campaign, he was going to pass universal healthcare. And, guess what? He was elected....twice.

The level of stupidity exhibited by the wingers never ceases to amaze.
The GOP leadership won't let this come up for a vote; they should, but they won't......................

Newest polls show public disdain for Obamacare is increasing !

Cruz again is on the right side of this issue ( at 3:05):

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Crazy Cruz....I saw he and Rand attended a "laying on of the hands" meeting with the holy rollers up in Iowa a few days ago. I'm sure he thinks he is in direct communication with Jesus Christ. Fucking psycho.