Whats there to do in KILLEEN?

i will be going to killeen next week, to visit a friend and have some fun.

outside of hobbying, what is there to do there?
is there anything killeen is known for (outside of it being a military town)?
is there a restuarant that ive absolutely got to visit?

ive gone to killeen a few times, but my friend just moved there...so we didnt venture out of the house. (shes a homebody and didnt mind...i however, like to get out and see what a town/city has to offer)

thanks in advance...looking forward to being a tourist in your city.
might need a friend or 2 to accompany me
Most people in Killeen who want to do something go to Austin!! There is nothing to do in Killeen. So I'm not much help.

steve
lol..youve got to be kidding me!
theres got to be something...theres some amazing hills, ive kinda wanted to do a hike up one.
im a city girl, but i like towns too.
There are two lakes right around here. Belton Lake and Stillhouse Lake, both have hiking trails.
theres a really nice nature trail at belton lake just right over the dam.. as far as restaurants Nami's in killeen is my fave. its a japanese steakhouse, like benni hanna and the food is GREAT! so is the show. and activities. we got 'em all. on mondays we watch paint dry, wednesdays its fun to watch grass grow and saturday nights the BIG NIGHT. we watch water boil!! get there early to get the best pots!!
Wow you have more going there than what we have in Waco...packing up my bags and moving now to watch water boil..AWESOME
Damn when did they start the grass, paint and water watching? I've been missing out on so much.
lol..im starting to think playing will be the only fun ill have
Ms Kitti
I have been in the area most my life...

So here is the to do if you like these things
American Sports Bar Harker Heights= Great drinks and Billiards
Thursday night
You can either do dinner live music and drinks at Pluckers... Great wings!
or you can go Country two step at Starlite....
Friday if you like the Classy Hip Hop Scene you have Tatu. All the other ones are a little Under my Choices but there are a few clubs.
Denim and Diamonds in Temple if you want the country music, nice classy and great drink specials.

There is every day putt putt golf and race cars...

Saturday the Lake, Blora Belton Lake is the best they have water slides paddle boats and horse back riding.

I hope this helps.

Victoria
that helps a ton ms love
I think the big city people will always have a hard time in smaller cities and towns. I guess it just all depends on what you like to do. I've lived in big cities and smaller towns and for me I just like a little more open space and room. People tend to be a lot more friendly in small towns too.
i may be a big city girl,
but i like the charm of small towns.
to me, i think the hole in the wall food spots are best.
being out & about with nature is pretty cool too
in a big city..with all the hustle & bustle...roads, noise,and buildings, it isnt quite the same
  • tnmo
  • 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
If you're into history at all, there are a couple of nice museums at Fort Hood. Might also check out the planetarium.
Girl I LOVE KILLEEN...*gasp* yes I do

coming from Dallas I know...

I could have fun in a burlap sack but we always make a good time out of something.

Let me know when you are there, I am always in Killeen
i had a blast too!!
lol..made something outta nothing..fun that is.
ill be there this upcoming week...wed night - sat