Why Is DHS Stockpiling Ammo?

oops.
  • CJ7
  • 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
brass is getting hard to find so I hear
Keep it out of the hands of rednecks?
The Department of Homeland Security is a large organization: probably too large. The department employs about 200,000 personnel -- many of these "employees" are armed agents. Here are some of its agencies and sub-bureaus according to wiki (note the Coast Guard is there also).

• United States Citizenship and Immigration Services:
  • U.S. Customs and Border Protection:
  • U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement:
  • Transportation Security Administration:
  • United States Coast Guard:
  • United States Secret Service:
  • Federal Law Enforcement Training Center:
It requires scores to hundreds of rounds per person to remain proficient in the use of firearms. There are training rounds, basic loads and operational loads that each organization requires to their personnel trained and competent and ready with the weapons they are issued. The ammunition required is astronomical, but it's based on the the number of personnel and the type of weapons. Plus, one person is often required to remain proficient and qualify on multiple weapons, e.g., the M4 Carbine and the M9 Pistol. The quantity of ammunition is not inconsistent with the number of personnel employed; therefore, it's not the quantity of ammunition that should cause concern, but rather the size of the agency itself that should cause concern.
  • CJ7
  • 07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
10 years of heavy ammo use in the mid east by the military

brass is getting short.
Going to sell it to the military at a profit.
I buy as much ammo as I can when I see a good price.

My theory is that you only need as much on hand as you will need for the rest of your life. Anything else is cutting yourself short.
  • Seedy
  • 07-16-2012, 10:24 PM

My theory is that you only need as much on hand as you will need for the rest of your life. Anything else is cutting yourself short. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I like that 2D's..... I have a stockpile of my own, if need be I'll use it too....
Maybe, they're anticipating resistance when they start rounding up conservatives for the FEMA camps. Just kidding, I think.

My theory is that you only need as much on hand as you will need for the rest of your life. Anything else is cutting yourself short. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
+1 from a heat packing ,left wing ,commie pinko .
LOL! Joe, that was funny! . . . I think.
Maybe, they're anticipating resistance when they start rounding up conservatives for the FEMA camps. Just kidding, I think. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Makes about as much sense as Obama conspiring to ruin the country.
Population control is a serious matter. Care to take one for the team?
Btw.... Good evening Joe. I hope the world is treating you well.
You still sore about our last exchange?
I like that 2D's..... I have a stockpile of my own, if need be I'll use it too.... Originally Posted by seedman55

Hell if you and the pup shoot it out I'll sell tickets.
I am still a pretty good shot for a blind man. I have my tricks.