Can't afford new pics....

• Alli
  • 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Can anyone help? Send me a PM, please. I may be able to pay something($), but not as much as most photographers are asking.
ask Jack Flash
Camera Phone, Mirror, Photo Shack, Computer..

Of course, they will look just like you, which ain't a bad thing.
Camera Phone, Mirror, Photo Shack, Computer..

Of course, they will look just like you, which ain't a bad thing. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Please don't do this ^ Alli. Get some nice pictures made. There are a lot of people who enjoy doing photography as a hobby and won't charge full rates.
Please don't do this ^ Alli. Get some nice pictures made. There are a lot of people who enjoy doing photography as a hobby and won't charge full rates. Originally Posted by JohnMacnab
The "homemade" pics look better to me. At least that way I am fairly confident there hasn't been any editing.
Go get some pro who will take some real glamour shots, shop them to hell and back, so the next review of you says "not the girl in the pics".

If you take a poll, the vast majority of hobbyist would rather see pics of the way you really look before, and make a decision base on that, rather than being dissappointed, and frustrated, afterward.

Overshopped pics is a big issue with Hobbyist. Nobody cares what you look like in your Showcase, they want to know what you look like in person.
The "homemade" pics look better to me. At least that way I am fairly confident there hasn't been any editing. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
+1
make a profile on modelmayhem.com let people know you can do tfcd.
The problem with using modelmayhem.com is that you are doing TFCD, which means that the photographer can use the images for any type of promotional use, including your face. Any of the photos I use for promotional use that involves providers, the face is cropped or blurred since most providers have lives outside of the business unless I have permission to show their faces.

You pay for what you get, I have had clients that wanted their photos "photoshopped to hell" and I always tell them how that will effect their business, there is a huge difference between cleaning an image up and "shopping" it. When you shoot at 20Mpixels EVERY strech mark, skin discoloration, freckle shows up, that would never even be remotely visible in a lit room with regular 20/20 vision.
use any decent digital camera, set the timer for 10secs...and pose.... save ur money....make your own background what you want it to be....mix up the pics...unless you just have to go and show someone ur goods.....im down for taking em baby...
Alli...one good place I can think of, if your budget is small, are the universities or colleges.

Call up their Digital Arts/Media Department and ask them if they know of some really good students who do some free lance photography on the side. An ex-of-mine got several really pics done by a U of H photography student for around $40-$50. They turned out great - very professional looking!

My two cents.
I have professional photos taken. They do a better job than your friends and a computer. With that in mind, I like to under promise and over deliver - meaning, I don't over Photoshop them. My photographer touches up the lighting, effects and the like, but the pictures are of me. It is truly my suggestion that you get a professional to do yo your pictures.