Premium Access for Newbies

I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested, but how about free PA for newbies for a short period of time, say 10 days upon registering with an automatic expiration after the 10 days.

Mods could send a PM to the newbie extolling the benefits of either paying for PA or writing reviews to obtain it.

After a small taste of PA, I'll bet most newbies would either renew in a pay status or write a review sooner if they knew what they were missing.

This might eliminate a lot of newbie questions since they could see for themselves what they will be missing when their free PA expires.

Just a thought.

K.
Just to add to his conversation since nobody responded yet.

As a newbie myself, I think that there's enough information for us as it is. And if we can't cough up $20 for a temporary pass then this is not the right hobby for us. But if we really want a free pass, then we should become a novelist and earn our premium access. Either way, nothing should be free.
I agree that newbies should be given a little taste of the PA. I'm very new myself, and have PA. I'd read about it, but had no idea the info it would open up. I could afford $20, as I'm sure (or hope) many can, but until seeing how great the PA info is, many may balk at the "gamble". (Look at other so-called hobbyist sites and see the shit they offer as reviews, advice, etc.) And sure, most can write up a review to gain access, but again, not knowing the PA payoff may make some hesitate.
All I know is I would've probably jumped sooner had I known what all can be accessed. The PA content really is fantastic. Perhaps a 3-day access period.

After a small taste of PA, I'll bet most newbies would either renew in a pay status or write a review sooner if they knew what they were missing.
Originally Posted by Kimchi
... or they would register as a newbie every 10 days. That would be good for the 200,000th member contest. hehe
My experience has been that this is a very expensive Hobby. If you can't spend a little money to qualify for Premium Access or if you can't write a review of a Lady you have just paid a couple of hundred dollars you are in the wrong Hobby. I spent 36 years in Industry and I can guarantee that most people value something by the cost. That being said, If you give it to them for free, that is the value they give it. Besides having Premium Access you should also spring for P411. Both are basic tools for this Hobby along with a Hobby Phone and a Hobby email address.
I agree with Chipper - with free access you will most likely hold less value of PA
Maybe newbies should just be directed to samples like this: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=357829

If that doesn't tell you what you're getting for your money/efforts then do you really want them to a part if this community?
When a business is successful (profitable) why give freebies??? My hunch is Eccie is a successful business, lol

Plus for gosh sakes, if someone is hesitate to spend for the annual fee, perhaps this is not the best place for them