Have you ever been really scared?

Have you ever been scared? Really scared?
I don't mean.....”A spider AAAAAH!”
I mean your knees actually go weak and your mind/soul is detached and it looks down in awe.
Fuck man! The rush. Have you seen things? You do things and you see death's face. Feel it's warm, stale breath on your neck. Time slows to a crawl and your mind is swimming in glue. Life is warm and sticky, very gooey. Thank God for muscle memory.
Later you try to take a drink but you need your other hand to steady the cup less it spills. You smile.
Damn.
No, I can not say I have. But it sure sounds scary.
Yes but on the other side it's kinda cool.
yes when i was watching "the 6th sense", when the ghost came underneath his tent and scared the boy. aaaaaaah......seriously ......:-)
Hey Marcus, it's good to see you post. Sounds like you might have had a close call or are you deep into thought? Luckily I have never feared for my life. I have made some wrong choices in life and was scared of the consequences. I doubt those feelings come anywhere close to the fear of death though.
I have missed you Ansley.
Yes I have have been close to death a time or two.
I wonder why I'm still here at times.
You are one in a billion young lady.
I have had one moment where I was really scared but it was not a spooky scare but rather trying to escape the clutches of someone possessive & obsessive who was harrassing me. Because of how panicked & scared I was, when an opportunity arose for me to run and ask for help, I had absolutely no saliva whatsoever in my mouth. I wasn't able to speak. I couldn't even scream for help if I tried. I don't know if what I was feeling was being scared or an extreme sense of panic or both.

Marcus, I hope I never feel the scared that you described.
Have you ever been scared? Really scared?
I don't mean.....”A spider AAAAAH!”
I mean your knees actually go weak and your mind/soul is detached and it looks down in awe.
Fuck man! The rush. Have you seen things? You do things and you see death's face. Feel it's warm, stale breath on your neck. Time slows to a crawl and your mind is swimming in glue. Life is warm and sticky, very gooey. Thank God for muscle memory.
Later you try to take a drink but you need your other hand to steady the cup less it spills. You smile.
Damn. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

Feel deaths warm stale breath? LOL

Are you an adrenaline junky? C'mon, just admit it..!
Feel deaths warm stale breath? LOL

Are you an adrenaline junky? C'mon, just admit it..! Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange
I admit I like it.
I race cars too now that I think about it. I wonder if that is because I have a need to chase the dragon. Let's see. Great sex. Awesome sex. I'm tired, sore sex. Hmmm. A pattern here I think.
Three times... The first I can not really go into detail on here
The second time me and my BF, and our two dogs were taking a road trip up to Alaska. I attempted to drive when we hit the middle of BC, and managed to role us off of a 20 foot ditch. The odd part was as it was happening I just felt like it was not real. I remember thinking oh wow we are roiling, and when I saw our truck start to fall on top of me once I hit the ground. I put my arm out to stop it , and closed my eyes as if that was going to help me.It was odd I really felt no pain. or fear I could not figure out why the very nice people who stopped to help us kept covering me with blankets .I kept shaking, but was warm.Thank God we all lived through it.The truck, and trailer were completely totaled After it happened we always joked that we would have loved to have seen a video of the accident.It would have been pretty amazing.

The third time was recent, and was when I had to take Ed to the vet in the middle of the night.While they were doing his X-rays the vet showed me a towel with blood on it, and let me know That Ed was now vomiting whole blood. That was how my BF died a few years back, so as soon as I smelled it It took me right back to that day.I guess that my mind had had enough at that point, because I started to rock back and forth in the room they left me in,. and I actually felt myself float out of my body. . When Ed was feeling better I must have slept for two days straight .I do believe that our endorphins know how to protect us when we need it the most.

Thank God for endorphins

The third time was recent, and was when I had to take Ed to the vet in the middle of the night.While they were doing his X-rays the vet showed me a towel with blood on it, and let me know That Ed was now vomiting whole blood. That was how my BF died a few years back, so as soon as I smelled it It took me right back to that day.I guess that my mind had had enough at that point, because I started to rock back and forth in the room they left me in,. and I actually felt myself float out of my body. . When Ed was feeling better I must have slept for two days straight .I do believe that our endorphins know how to protect us when we need it the most.

Thank God for endorphins Originally Posted by Becky
Oh my god, that must have been awful!!! I am so sorry you had to go thru this. I can relate to how that feels, and i believe in that endorphine stuff too :-(. What did Ed have? Why was he vomiting blood? Is everything allright now?
Well, I fall into the category of being too foolish to know that I should have been scared.

To quote Geo Bush, "When I was young and foolish, I did young and foolish things."

Like the time (in my early 20s) when I went to Harlem at midnight. Called a friend of mine, and when he found out where I was, he told me to get the Hell out of there.

Or, when I ordered a Cuba libre in a Puerto Rican bar. Or, when I got in the middle of an argument between islanders and continentals in Puerto Rico.

However, came close to dying in the Dallas mixmaster when a semi demolished the car. Cop who came to the scene said he didn't know why the semi didn't roll right over the car and crush it. He said that was what usually happened.
Oh my god, that must have been awful!!! I am so sorry you had to go thru this. I can relate to how that feels, and i believe in that endorphine stuff too :-(. What did Ed have? Why was he vomiting blood? Is everything allright now? Originally Posted by ninasastri
Thanks Nina,

We finally figured out that Ed had swallowed a bone, and the fragments were cutting up his stomache. He is doing great now. Ed is all I have left from my previous life , so anytime something happens with him I have a mini nervous breakdown.
Thanks Nina,

We finally figured out that Ed had swallowed a bone, and the fragments were cutting up his stomache. He is doing great now. Ed is all I have left from my previous life , so anytime something happens with him I have a mini nervous breakdown. Originally Posted by Becky
I know exactly how that feels.....don`t really want to think about it. I have two cats. One of them died in 2008 but i still refer to having 2 cats its strange.. .....mini nervous breakdowns....i know èm all too well.
No never and I have literally faced death a couple times and came thru...never fear the unknown just face it...