Limited specials vs. rate hikes, and which would be grandfathered?

Fort Worth Punk started an interesting thread in the Dallas forum. He booked an appointment with a lady on P411 who raised her donations that very day, and was wondering whether he should expect the lower rate for that morning or the new one when he saw her later the same afternoon.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=201985

It's the old question of grandfathering, but with a smaller window. Anyway, on a related topic, I'm curious: I, and most other ladies here and on P411, will run a limited-time special, a deal of the week, a sale, whatever you'd like to call it. If, gentlemen, you book an advertised SPECIAL that is obviously not the lady's normal posted rate, will you expect that every time you see her in the future?

I've had a few misunderstandings over this, particularly when we providers used to be able to include dollar amounts in advertisements. Part of it's probably due to gentlemen just reading a weekly post and not visiting an actual website, but do some gentlemen, and ladies, think that the initial visit should set the tone financially for all further meetings? I'd like some opinions. Thank you.
thats a really good question because i have guys do that all the time if they seen me on a special they think no matter what its always going to be that.....hope to hear the answer sorry i cant help
A special is just that: a special.

I don't walk into Target and buy something on sale, and then return next week and expect the same price...I wouldn't expect anything different in hobbyland.

In fact, if it's a provider I've clicked really well with in the past (like Tiffany Cums), I'll pay her her regular rate, special or no special. She's worth it to me.
A special is just that: a special. Originally Posted by IDMT
You took the exact words right out of my mouth! I've had that happen before and am now careful to clarify that it's a one-time rate that should not be expected for any future visits. (If for any reason I need to cancel at that rate, however, I will generally honor it for a future visit. This should not hold if the client is the one who needs to cancel though.)

As for a lady raising her rates after someone has booked, IMO the rate the clients booked at should be the rate he should expect to pay. If someone books an overnight with me at $2500 and I suddenly raise my rates to $5000, I hardly think I should expect the latter rate. That's a bit of an extreme, but still illustrates my point, I think.
I always ask about her rate as in is it the same as in your ad or on your website. As for P411 discount, I always mention I'm a member and ask what the donation would be. I only ask once I've established some sort of communication with the provider. My reason is simply this. I look at lots of ad and websites. Rates get confusing after awhile. I always want to make sure that I bring the amount the provider is expecting.
When I see a provider repeatedly I try to remember the rate. To help me keep this straight I have put the rate as a part of the name in my hobby phone. If she changes it I am not likely to notice, unless she tells me to check her rate or that it has changed or she informes me of the new rate. I am likely to miss both specials and rate hikes.
I posted a thread on this very subject not too long ago. Before I started that thread I had a provider tell me something that struck a nerve.

I would never expect a provider to give me that rate on all future visits. That's just ludicrous. Why would this business be any different? Do we expect to get the same deal everytime from any other business person. Of course not.

I don't even expect to be grandfathered just because I saw a lady before her rate change. Though it would be a nice touch
Well, I don't see "regulars" but if I did, I wouldn't expect the same rate on every visit.

Having said that, I have seen ladies advertise that your original rate will stay the same on every visit. (Now I don't know how ladies can keep track of this, and if they do, it scares me, but I have seen it.)

I like the Target example: a special is a special.

One of the things that drives me batty (as if I'm not already there ): ladies that have 3 rates listed. One here, one P411, one on their website. Plus running a special. That scares me off.

[Once a lady quoted me a rate. When I got back to her, she had raised it $100 from her previous quote. ]
I had a lady place a special and end the special in the middle of the session LMAO!! That'll make your head spin.
Unless posted I would go with new rate. a special is only as good as she says it is.
Once a lady quoted me a rate. When I got back to her, she had raised it $100 from her previous quote. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Maybe she read your posts.

While I cannot say what FWP should have been expected to pay, I do think that there is a good solution to his problem. I think that contacting the lady and explaining the issue is the appropriate action. Some of us may not like to discuss money, but it cannot and should not always be avoided, especially when confusion exists.
Oh, there was no confusion. That's what chapped my hide so much, and why I remember it so clearly more than a year later.

Although, it does confirm my theory that it is all about the money. I've never negotiated with a lady, but this lady, NO, hooker, did essentially the same to me.
Oh, there was no confusion. That's what chapped my hide so much, and why I remember it so clearly more than a year later.

Although, it does confirm my theory that it is all about the money. I've never negotiated with a lady, but this lady, NO, hooker, did essentially the same to me. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Whether she had done this to you or not, you would have had something to complain about, Charles, and you know it.
Whether she had done this to you or not, you would have had something to complain about, Charles, and you know it. Originally Posted by China Doll
HUH????
HUH???? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
You have admitted that you never had a satisfactory experience with a lady, yes? I think that either your expectations are too high or you are seeing the wrong ladies for you. In other words, I think you would have been disappointed no matter what she did regarding the rates.