Europeans Make Startling Discovery About Comet!!

It's a big rock.
Wonder how much that cost.
... and they landed their solar powered machine in a permanent shadow.
... and they landed their solar powered machine in a permanent shadow. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
guess you missed the part about when it landed the first time it bounced twice.
guess you missed the part about when it landed the first time it bounced twice. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Well, you'd have "guessed wrong", Eatkum the Inbred Chimp, but it's obvious you missed the hyperlink in the post you quoted that takes you to the Washington Post article that says this:

BERLIN — A shadow was cast — literally — across Europe’s historic mission to land on and explore a comet. Scientists said Thursday the landing craft not only bounced twice, it also came to rest next to a cliff that’s blocking sunlight from its solar panels.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...48d_story.html
OK, so space exploration is bad because...

Try not to scrape your knuckles on your dirt floor as you rush to weigh in.
guess you missed the part about when it landed the first time it bounced twice. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Well, you'd have "guessed wrong", Eatkum the Inbred Chimp, but it's obvious you missed the hyperlink in the post you quoted that takes you to the Washington Post article that says this: Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Exactly same thing I said you brain dead fuck. Your stupid comment was they were so dumb they landed their solar powered craft in a shadow.
Exactly same thing I said you brain dead fuck. Your stupid comment was they were so dumb they landed their solar powered craft in a shadow. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
It was your stupid contention that I had 'missed' knowing about the problems encountered by the landing craft. So no, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp, it's very, very obvious that that is not what you said; hence, you have made an ass out of yourself ASSuming that I hadn't read the article I had sourced to back-up my post -- a post you supposedly "read" before you quoted it, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp.
How many times did you bounce on your head ...

......when they released the forceps prematurely after squeezing too hard?

The "remarkable" accomplishment of the effort was they hit the comet.

Expensive, but contributes to the "learning curve," ....

.... which may one day save this planet from an "unsurviveable" event.

.... which may one day save this planet from an "unsurviveable" event. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes, a very remarkable achievement. They're hoping the comet's attitude in relation to the sun changes so that light eventually reaches the craft's solar panels ... and they are considering trying to move it.
OK, so space exploration is bad because...

Try not to scrape your knuckles on your dirt floor as you rush to weigh in. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It is a bad thing because the cost involved in relation to the benefits are staggering.

They spent billions of dollars pulling this off, only to confirm what they knew already. It's a big rock.

When we went to the moon, it was more for National Pride than exploration. There is not a damned thing on the moon that we need, and even if there was, the cost of getting it back here would be so prohibitive as to make the idea ludicrous.

When our people at NASA talk of going back to the moon,I think the same thing about that as I do this asteroid landing. We already know what is there. Nothing. And we also know that besides some romantic fantasies, and simply saying "we did it", it's nothing but a big, lifeless rock.

I live in Houston, Space City. The big joke for years around here was NASA is the biggest pork barrel waste in the Country, sort of a jobs program for PHD's.We laugh when some Congressman gets appropriations for some "bridge to nowhere". Well, we have spent trillions of dollars more, or less, sending rockets to nowhere.

But then, there is always Tang.
These "scientists" are also avid climatologists !

HAHAHAAHA ..................
It was your stupid contention that I had 'missed' knowing about the problems encountered by the landing craft. So no, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp, it's very, very obvious that that is not what you said; hence, you have made an ass out of yourself ASSuming that I hadn't read the article I had sourced to back-up my post -- a post you supposedly "read" before you quoted it, Eatkum the Inbred Chimp. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You could make a movie of Dumb and Dumber, and play both parts. Very astute of yourself posting the thread after I made the comment, then pretending you knew it all along.

.... which may one day save this planet from an "unsurviveable" event. Originally Posted by LexusLover
How cute WKing for no balls. Are you denying the craft bounced lexie lacking?
I thought it was a big snowball. Monica Fox spit it into space years ago.