myth...spanked till they cry?

I am interested in what our readers think about the possibility of being spanked till tears flow... One reads about this in most romance or spanking or DD books. Is it possible for a woman to be spanked by a man to tears? What about a woman spanking a man?
If it has happened and you know first hand accounts... Inquiring minds want to know details.
I used to have an alternative domestic discipline personae and it was fairly common for men to want to be spanked until they cried.

Often, having an orgasm was never part of the equation.

What I've noticed is that the tears provide a cathartic release. And it's generally a very powerful and intense experience.

However, I've had a few clients who I have spanked HARD and are unable to cry. Heck, after spending a long while spanking them, I almost wanted to cry! I've found it hard to believe that a hard spanking, with the buildup and a cool down included, wouldn't include tears but it's happened.

Some men must not have the tear thing going on, which I've found odd in the past. And it's according to our prearranged boundaries, but often these "no cry" guys wish to be spanked until there is some bad bruising.

But this should be a topic that you already know about, my friend.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
I have been brought to tears with caning (that shit hurts!), but never from just OTK. I may not be the best example though, because when I sub, I'm all about pushing my personal limits. I could care less about the power exchange, and I've never understood the humiliation aspect that some feel is important. I enjoy bottoming sometimes to see just how much pain I can withstand. I will say this, if you're gonna take a true beating, after-care is extremely important, because you're pretty much worthless afterwards. My first time, I was shocked at how much it physically took out of me. But, I slept like a baby that night (on my side...).
Yes, I have spanked men until they cry...but it is with THEIR PERMISSION and this is what they want...to be "brought to tears."
It is a steady, firm, arousal, building up slowly and deliberately to the end.

and then I hold them until they come back to me.
Extremely emotional and close.
Been on BOTH sided of the paddle myself......
I don't like being brought to tears as I tend to build up a great deal of resentment if push that far.....now a good ass warming is nice from time to time.

Now I did have this client once that wanted an extreme beating with a lamp cord till he was bloodied........I couldn't get angry enough to make him bleed, nor did I really want to.
I did have him on his knees in tears, without the beating.
Touchlush

Your quote: "I did have him on his knees in tears, without the beating." is very interesting.
Can you expound on what you did (if it is not too private) for us... or pm me with private details.

I want to have that emotional breakthrough... (breakdown)... and GoddessDallas the aftercare is very important.
Yes, I have spanked men until they cry...but it is with THEIR PERMISSION and this is what they want...to be "brought to tears."
It is a steady, firm, arousal, building up slowly and deliberately to the end.

and then I hold them until they come back to me.
Extremely emotional and close. Originally Posted by *GoddessDallas*
Well said. This type of situation is emotional for both parties. The hugs and holding at the end are essential components.
I've been spanked until I cried, by my current Dom. Now that I think about it, I cry every time we play. His style is very intense, and it's what works for us. It's less from the pain & more due to the emotions that are brought forth. There are certain things said that are triggers for the tears. I find that crying (especially during a D/s exchange) rids me of pent-up negativity & emotional baggage. After I "come down", exit subspace and am cuddling with him, I feel amazing and happy. It's never happened that a client brought me to tears, but I suppose that's because they don't know enough about me to be able to say the right things to start the waterworks.

Rani
At last week's Beyond Vanilla convention here in Dallas I attended a workshop on Face Slapping. One nugget the presenter offered was that when slapped hard in the face, 70% of men will cry but only 23% of women will do so.

Anyone will cry if the pain is intense enough. But I think this discussion is more about emotional catharsis bringing tears, rather than pushing pain thresholds.