How Many Of You Are "One Percenters"

It was on Fox Business today that to be in the much hated "one percent" of upper wage earners, you have to be bringing in around $340,000 a year.

How many of you fellow Hobbyist, or Providers, are in this now much maligned group? And how do you feel about being blamed for what ever success you have enjoyed in life?
That is a politically volatile question.

. . . Better not go there!

• MrGiz
  • 11-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I am the living epitome of The Evil American / Caucasian Male!

Based on 2010 I.R.S. data...
Top 1% earn $380,354 / yr
Top 5% earn $159,619 / yr
Top 10% earn $113,799 / yr

I enjoyed being hated in the past and I hope to be hated again in the near future.
That is a somewhat misleading number. I can't put my hand on it at the moment, but I saw another article that said that the average (or median, I don't recall which) income of the top 1% was in the mid-$300,000 range. But that the average (or median, again, I don't recall which) assets of the top 1% were between $10 - 11 million. My guess is that both numbers were averages.

I'd wager that most people who make $350k don't have assets of $10M.
On a global scale every American is the
upper 1% by comparison to the rest of
the inhabitants of this spinning rock.

It is oft repeated we are citizens of the world.
UN pushes to tax Americans for essentially
being American. In order to pillage the
American people our rich will have to be
co-opted or eiminated. Once our rich are
decimated, the world will be able to loot
our people at will.

We either hang together,
or they will surely hang us one by one.

No poor asshole ever signed my paycheck.
It was on Fox Business today that to be in the much hated "one percent" of upper wage earners, you have to be bringing in around $340,000 a year.

How many of you fellow Hobbyist, or Providers, are in this now much maligned group? And how do you feel about being blamed for what ever success you have enjoyed in life? Originally Posted by Jackie S
That should be easy enough to figure. Approximately 1%. Duh!
that the average assets of the top 1% were between $10 - 11 million.
I'd wager that most people who make $350k don't have assets of $10M. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Does that include my Sugar Babe as an asset?

How many of you fellow Hobbyist, or Providers, are in this now much maligned group? And how do you feel about being blamed for what ever success you have enjoyed in life? Originally Posted by Jackie S

Jaskie S,

What a pointed question. How about yourself? I think most ladies don't come close to that kind of income and I would wager to say only a very small handful make above 60k. Despite what most may think about what these ladies make. Almost 30% of that goes toward medical too since most do not have health insurance.
I did not want to seem "sexist" by only asking the question to the Hobbyist, afterall, the Ladies are part of this community.

But I see your point.

The only reason I am a "one percenter" is I am fortunate enough to be in an ownership position. If I plied my actual "trade skills" working for someone else, I would not be any where near that mark.

Of course, with the rewards comes a whole trainload of responsibilities. I'm not complaining, it is the Life I chose.
  • MrGiz
  • 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Put me down around 3% . . . I certainly don't feel guilty about it! * I work hard for my income. . . It's taken me quite a while to get here. Am I any better than a person @ poverty level?*Hell No!* Am I any less ?* Hell No!* So be it.
I am part of the 53% that actually pay taxes.
Could care less.
The only reason I am a "one percenter" is I am fortunate enough to be in an ownership position. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Why do you always feel the need to explain to us over and over again how much money you make?