Desktop vs. Mobile view on phone

I am using Chrome on my iPhone. In the past I could view in a desktop view. Starting today I can only view in mobile mode.
Any way to force desktop mode?
Mine also suddenly started showing mobile view as the default. When I select "full site" at the bottom of the page, it switches, but then immediately switches back to mobile view. Mobile view does not show notifications of new posts on the home page. Its not as good.
I did just go into my phone settings and selected "request desktop site" under "site settings" and it seems to work.
That worked. Awesome
kay_dee is correct at post 3.

Last, the eccie selection "setting" for this, within the eccie website, not working correctly (post 2 above), has been reported to the techies.
I had the same issue, just got it corrected. But I have to be logged in under Chrome, which I don't like... Google has too much power and control
Thanks Kay
Tech correction.
Follow-up for the issue mentioned in post 2 above:

If on the mobile site, at the bottom of the Main index, the "Full Site" button may now be working.
Tech correction.
Follow-up for the issue mentioned in post 2 above:

If on the mobile site, at the bottom of the Main index, the "Full Site" button may now be working. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
It's not working for me, just tried it. Stuck on Chrome until there's a fix.
CT
I just ran Iphone and android, again, cause a KC monger posted same.
both transferred.
CT
I just ran Iphone and android, again, cause a KC monger posted same.
both transferred. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
UC, I guess I should have been more specific.

Started having the issue yesterday, and ''fixed'' it, doing what was described earlier in the thread, by clicking the 3 dots on the upper right, and checking the ''display full site'' box.

BUT.. That requires me to be logged in under Chrome, which is a first on ECCIE, and I would rather not be in Chrome. And... I am on a Tablet, not a phone.
Tried again and clicked on full site, it came up but after just a few seconds reverts back to mobil version which is not worth the effort and a PIA
I have been informed that the issue has been resolved