Suicide Letter Of Man who Crashed Into IRS Building In Austin Texas

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/tex...ash/index.html

It appears that the Austin Texas plane crash was no accident but a suicide and apparently Joseph Andrew Stack had a problem with many thing which included the IRS. Joeseph left a suicide letter behind you can read it here.

Well Mr. Big Brother IRS man... take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

If you're reading this, you're no doubt asking yourself, "Why did this have to happen?" The simple truth is that it is complicated and has been coming for a long time. The writing process, started many months ago, was intended to be therapy in the face of the looming realization that there isn't enough therapy in the world that can fix what is really broken. Needless to say, this rant could fill volumes with example after example if I would let it. I find the process of writing it frustrating, tedious, and probably pointless... especially given my gross inability to gracefully articulate my thoughts in light of the storm raging in my head. Exactly what is therapeutic about that I'm not sure, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

We are all taught as children that without laws there would be no society, only anarchy. Sadly, starting at early ages we in this country have been brainwashed to believe that, in return for our dedication and service, our government stands for justice for all. We are further brainwashed to believe that there is freedom in this place, and that we should be ready to lay our lives down for the noble principals represented by its founding fathers. Remember? One of these was "no taxation without representation". I have spent the total years of my adulthood unlearning that crap from only a few years of my childhood. These days anyone who really stands up for that principal is promptly labeled a "crackpot", traitor and worse.
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle24783.htm
While many will say the guy deserves a medal, if you look closer, you will see that he spent his life failiing in business; failing to pay his taxes like the rest of us have to do; and just generally not taking care of business.
His type always has someone or something else to blame for his failure.
I find that type of person very troubling.

He reminds me a little of the unibomber.

Someone who is educated and apparently intelligent, but horribly deranged with anger and hatred.

I imagine though, that this troubles the IRS much more than it does me!

While many will say the guy deserves a medal, if you look closer, you will see that he spent his life failiing in business; failing to pay his taxes like the rest of us have to do; and just generally not taking care of business.
His type always has someone or something else to blame for his failure. Originally Posted by John Bull
I read the entire text of his letter (the 2nd link in the original post). That is 5 minutes of my life I'd like back.

One thing that was very telling was he seems to blame all of his problems on macro events not unique to him. "Then came the California depression of the '90s...then the Dot.com bust...then 9/11...."

This is my favorite, in explaining how 9/11 "screwed" him
Our leaders decided that all aircraft were grounded for what seemed like an eternity; and long after that, 'special' facilities like San Francisco were on security alert for months. This made access to my customers prohibitively expensive.
1st of all, I think most all of us could rationalize away how we really weren't at fault for everything that went wrong in our lives and businesses, but that isn't productive (unless you are a politician)

2nd, I think there are fundamentally 2 kinds of people in this world: those that have something bad happen, retreat and sit around saying "woe is me" waiting for someone or something to help them; the second group sees the same event happen, processes it, recognizes it as reality and then does the best they can given the circumstances.
As a psych major I find this person needed therapy WAYYYY b4 he even put his finger up his nose and scratched an itch that has obv been there for quite awhile.

As providers, we get away with certain things...if you say I'm wrong, ur a liar. I got away with a few things he prob only dreamed of doing. Now, this is NO excuse...as this fuckhead could have done some major damage. But, this goes to show YOU NEVER KNOW who you are dealing with ladies. He could have been YOUR client...and instead of the plane, it could have been your neck for not paying your taxes "like everyone else does".

WE are a different breed of beautiful creatures....here to "have and to hold" by the hour. We eat, we sleep, we need love and affection, we use the same fkn RR as this nut did. We struggle. We have families. We protect each other. He could have hurt one of us...one of you ATX lovely women that I have had the pleasure of having in my life.

As a provider I must say, this kind of behavior influences others to retaliate, to step away from the norms and eventually if you think enough about it...you'll end up crazy...

I say, lets live and let live. It happened. I hate that it did but it was an eye opener. I love all the ladies on this board, we are a team in a certain way...what happens when a fucker who cant stand our hobby starts slashing throats (regardless of screening) all b/c we decided, "hey this year...my kid needs school clothes, fuck the man"

As women, we get away with things men can only wish for. I love my hobby, my job and all of you beautiful women. As stated, I hate this happened...but now we will be more careful. Because everyone out there has a "tick tick boom"

xoxo,

-Maribel
Wonder what made him choose such a small office. The Regional IRS office is in Austin, just a few miles away. Pretty big complex. Any thoughts???
Wonder what made him choose such a small office. The Regional IRS office is in Austin, just a few miles away. Pretty big complex. Any thoughts??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

The building that he targeted is where the IRS had their investigative and audit division. Obviously this is who he had the problem with. The main complex on 35/290 is where all of the tax returns go.
Isn't this like cutting off your nose to spite your face? "The IRS screwed me! I'll show them, by killing myself!" HUH? Why punish yourself to get even with someone else?

Even if everything in his suicide letter was spot on, he looses all credibility by such a stunt. No one will see the brilliance in his letter (not saying his letter was brilliant), they will just see a crazy man in need of help.
  • Carl
  • 02-20-2010, 05:30 PM
It wan't about suicide. It was attempted mass murder. He flew his plane smack dab into the building where he was being audited. He clearly intended to take out as many people at the IRS as he could. He's beneath contempt.
It wan't about suicide. It was attempted mass murder. Originally Posted by Carl
It was both.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-20-2010, 07:42 PM
It was both. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Brilliant... Please pass another Guiness...
The DGent made a valid point.

It was not about only one thing or the other, it was both.

WE are a different breed of beautiful creatures....here to "have and to hold" by the hour. We eat, we sleep, we need love and affection, we use the same fkn RR as this nut did. We struggle. We have families. We protect each other. He could have hurt one of us...one of you ATX lovely women that I have had the pleasure of having in my life.

xoxo,

-Maribel Originally Posted by *Maribel*
Okay, I will agree with only this part of your own manifesto.

You ladies are a different breed of beautiful creatures.

You know that's our own damn weakness, don't you?
  • MrGiz
  • 02-20-2010, 09:40 PM
The DGent made a valid point.

It was not about only one thing or the other, it was both.

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
I am in complete agreement!! I Luv Simplicity in words....

Giz
Wonder what made him choose such a small office. The Regional IRS office is in Austin, just a few miles away. Pretty big complex. Any thoughts??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
As for why he picked that building, it could be because of its audit and investigation division being located there. However, even though it has been more than a few years since I flew a plane in the Austin/San Marcos area, I strongly suspect it is more likely the case of it being the closest building that he could access without having a transponder functioning in his aircraft since he would have been nearly undetected due to his transit time from Georgetown Municipal Airport to that part of Austin. All of Austin is a TCA and to fly into/transit through a TCA, you have to have a functioning transponder. After I looked at the aerial navigation maps for TCA control, he would have been intercepted prior to reaching the main IRS building if he flew without identifying himself with a transponder given the proximity of the main IRS building to the Austin Bergstrom International Airport; it is only about 4 miles away by HWY 71. Keep in mind that the TCA handles all air traffic for Austin and he would have had to be in the pattern to fly anywhere that far south. Also, any transponder would give the information the FAA needed to see if he had filed a flight plan, so I suspect he chose his target of opportunity well since he knew he was not coming back and did not want to be intercepted by a couple of scrambled F-16’s since Randolph AFB as training facilities to the southwest of ABIA.

The building that he targeted is where the IRS had their investigative and audit division. Obviously this is who he had the problem with. The main complex on 35/290 is where all of the tax returns go. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
Actually the main IRS office is located at 35/71 while the location you mentioned of 35/290 had to the Southwest near E. 51 St what was once the main city airport in Robert Mueller Airport while the on the northwest side of 35 is Highland Mall along FM 2222.