Duh

http://pleaserobme.com/

Shows when people say they are not home and where their home is.
This is old skool & goes back some years before everyone operated virtually, but I used to wonder about those people that would leave a greeting on their voicemail at their home or office saying, "I'll (We'll) be out of town beginning on ___ & returning on ___ . I'll return your call as soon as possible." I always thought that was like advertising an open house for the local burglary operators.
That's an amazing link!

Are those people "checking in" reporting their whereabouts on twitter? I'm not too familiar with it, but it seems lame to tweet people that you're at a Mobile station, etc.

I read that one of the biggest breeches of security is with hairdressers. Most women go to have their hair colored, highlighted, cut, permed or something before going on vacation.

They are excited about the vacation and chat with the hairdresser who becomes a great source of leads for her crime-prone boyfriend.

Nobody thinks twice about a hairdresser asking "Where are you going?" or "How long will you be gone?"
  • Eliza
  • 02-25-2010, 04:14 PM
That's an amazing link!

Are those people "checking in" reporting their whereabouts on twitter? I'm not too familiar with it, but it seems lame to tweet people that you're at a Mobile station, etc.

I read that one of the biggest breeches of security is with hairdressers. Most women go to have their hair colored, highlighted, cut, permed or something before going on vacation.

They are excited about the vacation and chat with the hairdresser who becomes a great source of leads for her crime-prone boyfriend.

Nobody thinks twice about a hairdresser asking "Where are you going?" or "How long will you be gone?" Originally Posted by HoneyRose

That is so true! People will tell their hair stylist anything and everything. Hairdressers are vaults of information.

I think some people are way too free with their information online.
http://pleaserobme.com/

Shows when people say they are not home and where their home is. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Amazing..

Yes people tell their hairdresser and bartender everything..
I must be really out of the loop. Because for the life of me, I can’t understand why someone would want to keep that in touch.
I use both twitter and 4square (not relating to this business. purely for personal reasons).

When I check it at... say a gas station... I may have gotten an update from a friend of mine that they're at the grocery store a few blocks away. So I can call her up and say, "hey, I saw you were at the grocery store. What are you doing when you leave there? Want to grab a cup of coffee?"

It's not like these people are broadcasting their home addresses and then saying "Yep... leaving my house at 1234 5th st, apartment 6, now." If someone was going to rob them, they'd have to know where their house is and as for that, someone would have to have told them. I stay pretty "locked in," as do most of my civilian friends, and none of us are so thick as to have our home addresses on the web for all to see.
I use both twitter and 4square (not relating to this business. purely for personal reasons).

When I check it at... say a gas station... I may have gotten an update from a friend of mine that they're at the grocery store a few blocks away. So I can call her up and say, "hey, I saw you were at the grocery store. What are you doing when you leave there? Want to grab a cup of coffee?"

It's not like these people are broadcasting their home addresses and then saying "Yep... leaving my house at 1234 5th st, apartment 6, now." If someone was going to rob them, they'd have to know where their house is and as for that, someone would have to have told them. I stay pretty "locked in," as do most of my civilian friends, and none of us are so thick as to have our home addresses on the web for all to see. Originally Posted by VeronicaMoore
But some do.
And don't forget this gem.
Chat Roulette....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...strangers.html
It boils down to simple math people the average IQ is 100 don't believe me look up IQ and how it is scaled.

That means 50% of the populace has an IQ less than 100. A lot of people do really stupid stuff because well they are slow mentally.
It boils down to simple math people the average IQ is 100 don't believe me look up IQ and how it is scaled.

That means 50% of the populace has an IQ less than 100. A lot of people do really stupid stuff because well they are slow mentally. Originally Posted by grtrader
What you can boil math? Why would you want to cook a math book???