I will be in Chicago mid September

I have been visiting family in Chicago 3-4 times a year for several years. I been been thinking about posting an ad this time, would be first time ever. The problem is, i usually stay downtown or by Ohare but im staying at midway which ive never done before. I have not seen ads for Midway area. Is this area off limits?
I just want to clarify, i have already made reservations at midway, Ohare is not convienent for this particular visit, and downtown was pretty booked up and expensive on the weekend of my visit. Im not wanting to book alot of appointments, just one each evening.
  • GBN94
  • 08-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I have not seen ads for Midway area. Is this area off limits? Originally Posted by stacy in kc
Off limits in terms of safety of the area or proximity to clients?

No, not really. The area the hotels are situated around the Midway airport are no less sketchy than the ones near mannheim and touhy around Ohare. South and West of the airport are already blue collar suburban, strip malls and all.
Its the area around I55 and north of it that is not the best to stay around.

In terms of convenience Midway is closer to downtown residents than ohare.
Midway is a much more questionable area than O'Hare. I wouldn't walk around there at night.
Thanks for the info. I will be spending alot of time downtown, i love downtown Chicago.
I will be staying at a nice hotel and it is next to midway so i dont plan on wandering around outside, lol! Im confident i will be safe at my hotel, no worries. Next time i will make plans to stay by Ohare.
Good news! I was able to change my plans and will be staying near ohare.
Cant wait!
When are you coming to Ohare? From when to when?
I will only be in chicago sept 14 and 15.
Maybe next time I can stay longer.