False Online ID

I was recently told by a deputy sheriff that the use of a false or fake id on any dating website is now a felony offense in Texas. Can someone elaborate?
Well good thing this is not a dating site.
Iam a little unclear on what he meant by "Fake ID" Dating Web Sites don't require or even encourage members to use their real name or part of it in their user name when setting up their profile.
I'm going to have to say as well, what was this talking about? A quick search for Texas laws about it was worthless, and as mentioned dating websites (match.com, chemistry.com, eharmony.com, okcupid.com, etc) all specifically state not to provide your full name in your profile. It's a safety thing for everybody.
I was recently told by a deputy sheriff that the use of a false or fake id on any dating website is now a felony offense in Texas. Can someone elaborate? Originally Posted by FatBastard
LE can tell you anything they want to. It is legal for LE to lie to you.

JR
Thats true. I am also wondering how they ever got into such a conversation.
Is Eccie a "dating" website? lol...cuz I don't think your name really is Fat Bastard.
Is Eccie a "dating" website? lol...cuz I don't think your name really is Fat Bastard. Originally Posted by AimeeAims
Really, I though everyone used their real name on this site.

Isn't AimeeAims your real name?

Hay, JRLawrence isn't my real name either, but I have used this alias for years and a lot of people only familiar with me under the alternate name.

JR
using a false id card for some things will get you in hot water... but using a fake name on a dating site or here, is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
I was attending a charity fundraising bbq and was talking to a deputy sheriff. He informed me that the use of a false email address on online dating sites (and I see where this or any other like backpage, etc. could be considered an online dating site) has recently become a felony offense. While we did not discuss in specific detail, here is what I understand. I use fatbastard as my eccie handle. That is linked to an email address. I understand that the underlying email address has to be a real address linked to my real name. In other words I cannot create an email address saying I was bradpitt@aol.com and pose as fatbastard on dating sites. I told him I thought they need to build a lot more jails because I bet there are about 20 million of us felons out there. So, I am asking for clarification on this issue as I did not get the memo!
Never heard of that one FB. I can't see how it could ever be enforced if it was.
Is Eccie a "dating" website? lol...cuz I don't think your name really is Fat Bastard. Originally Posted by AimeeAims
I don't think your real name is AimeeAims, and what are you aimimg at? I will say this though you're awfully dam cute.
It is a new law that went into effect, If I understand it correctly it is meant to be used as a enhancer to another crime, i.e. scamming someone you are having an online "relationship" with out of something of value under a false identity. Not completely sure if it will be used that way or not, but I believe that was the intent behind it.
Fortunately, I am an android-turned-Borg, so I suppose it does not matter to me since I am in the Delta Quadrant.
Cops know the laws.

They should all become lawyers when they retire.

Tell him to show you in the books they keep in the trunk.

I had to have them look up a gun law so I could fucking go home.

They are dumb asses that think they know it all.

I am not a cop hater. (see how easy it is to make crap up)