Cutting Down on the Easy Path to a Post Whore Trophy

This is probably going to be really hard to do, but back in December/January there were some that wanted to hit a 1,000 or 2,000 posts. It generated a lot of posts that had only a smiley, a "+1" or "+1,000" etc. There was no substance to the post.

I would suggest that a post count towards the poster's total only if it contained so many characters. Better, if it contained a complete thought. I just don't think posters should get credit for cheap posts.
Who are you taking a jab at? Spill the beans
Charles is just mad because I am about to knock him off the list lol. Actually, I agree though. If you took out all my one word or emotiocon posts, I would only be half of a post whore.
Charles is just mad because I am about to knock him off the list lol. Actually, I agree though. If you took out all my one word or emotiocon posts, I would only be half of a post whore. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I owe you a drink when you do knock him off the list
Charles is just mad because I am about to knock him off the list lol. Actually, I agree though. If you took out all my one word or emotiocon posts, I would only be half of a post whore. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Aslong as it's the bottom half that continues posting, I think we'll be ok with it.
This is probably going to be really hard to do, but back in December/January there were some that wanted to hit a 1,000 or 2,000 posts. It generated a lot of posts that had only a smiley, a "+1" or "+1,000" etc. There was no substance to the post.

I would suggest that a post count towards the poster's total only if it contained so many characters. Better, if it contained a complete thought. I just don't think posters should get credit for cheap posts. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

+1

Sorry, Couldn't help myself Charles.

I tend to agree. I try to to type a little something even if I don't have a lot extra to add. I think your ranking is safe though.

Aslong as it's the bottom half that continues posting, I think we'll be ok with it. Originally Posted by novacain

Ok that was funny!
Though I see the merit, it would be nearly impossible to implement.

A single smiley would become multiple to meet the minimum character requirement, and requiring complete thought would handicap many posters who have trouble with grammar.

While I profess difficulty understanding the attraction to having a high post count for the sake of being on a list, you'll never get rid of those whose contributions lack substance. It's one of the price of having an open board and (close to) free speech.